The other blown one

andyp

I spoke to phill earlier mate, he said when you came back from driving it that you couldnt stop smiling!

So is it 4psi for now untill after the new year? im sending my ecu up to him probably after the new year so i can have it drivable to check it all.

Congrats on getting it all done, ill have to come pay you a visit!

John

yes, its 4psi until he gets all the software etc, engine check light is on but i dont think its anything major.

Yeah phill said that might happen, Its to do with your map sensor, it willl take a max of 4psi before throwing up a fault code although it dosent put it in to limp mode. Sadly you cant just change the map sensor because all the parameters will be out on the original ecu and that little map snesor does air temp, atmospheric pressure and manifold pressure all rolled in to 1! Hes probably told you this too though.

The ecu compared to sstandalone ecu's is so much better, he was talking to me about the maps for the throttle, on a standalone you may have a few different maps, but on the std ecu he said that on a basic search he found nearly 60 maps just for the throttle!

Im sending up my ecu to him after the new year so he can put the socket in and get it ready for when i come up, going to put your settings in to it just so i can drive it and get it run in and get the first service out of the way.

I reckon it could be a good idea to get both of our cars there on the same day for the live stuff. what do you reckon?

• 3 weeks later...

@john: problem is the carbon cannister thing...same fault all the time.. software etc wont be here till end of jan plus hes flat out at mo.. oil change tomorrow as racked up nearly 1000 miles..

and purely so it doesnt slip down the pages and gets forgotten about!!! :lol:

I doubt it will be forgotten about mate!

Thats alright that its just that silly fault, you know ts nothing major then.

Phill phoned me on saturday, wanted the torque figure for the end caps on the bottom end for some strange reason as he couldnt find them apparently. He said i should post my ECU up to him in the next 2 weeks so he can do the stuff hes gonna do to yours at the same time.

Good to see its all running smoothly.... you wanting more power yet?

ha yes.... im still liking how she runs at mo, no problems whatsoever plus fuel economy is spot on... seeing as its been told to use slightly more fuel at the minute. sooooo hopefully if everything goes ok then full power for run up to ud

• 4 weeks later...