1.0 to 1.4TDi

I didnt realise the subframes where different. I knew they share the same wishbones bushes and ball joints as the others (except GTi (and maybe 3L?)) And I know tou cant fimd a poly bush dogbone for them

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, Bought a Lupo TDi the other day as a doner for my 1.0L .

I'm assuming I've made life as easy as possible for myself by doing it this way ( rather than getting a Tdi polo )

I have both lupos side by side in the shed and we'll literally just swap everything over, so I don't see there being any problems ( if I've overlooked something feel free to point it out! ). :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jonny s said:

nice one..... get a build thread up.

Will do :)

14 hours ago, Rich said:

straight forward. :)

One small thing, the Lupo TDI is LHD, so concerns have been raised about the loom, as the clocks / fusebox / ECU are on opposite sides in the cars so the wires may not stretch but I'm thinking if I picked up a loom from a same year RHD Lupo/Arosa/Polo Tdi and just used that it should be fine? Or is that even a concern.

Also the clutch in the 1.0L is cable and the TDi is hydro so again they are on opposite sides in the engine bays of each car but I assume it will just bolt across into my car?

11 hours ago, tiggy said:

Will do :)

One small thing, the Lupo TDI is LHD, so concerns have been raised about the loom, as the clocks / fusebox / ECU are on opposite sides in the cars so the wires may not stretch but I'm thinking if I picked up a loom from a same year RHD Lupo/Arosa/Polo Tdi and just used that it should be fine? Or is that even a concern.

Also the clutch in the 1.0L is cable and the TDi is hydro so again they are on opposite sides in the engine bays of each car but I assume it will just bolt across into my car?

do a LHD swap......