Audi TT Track Toy (Road Legal)

Bikerz

I can cope with the hair dresser comments so let rip lads and ladies!

I sold my lupo GTI back in 2009 to buy a Audi TT 1.8T, due to the fact I could insure one and thourght it would be a huge upgrade. Sadley I was pretty dissapoint initialy! The Lupo felt nearly as quick I thourght. I now know it was due to the fact I could drive a lupo within a inch of its life and flat out with total confidence which I just didnt have in the TT straight away.

After a few months I realised that the TT was soo plated and stable and was infact a huge upgrade, esspecialy once the ECS and TCS were turned off! I now really apprieciate how much better the TT is now I have my old Lupo GTI back as my daily, the GTI feels so less stable and soooo much understeer in comparison!

People slate the TT as a girls car, I say 90% have never been in one, nor do I mind this comment as I love the girlyness of it! However I have a big problem when people say they understeer and are too heavy? Really? Get in one then make that comment! Yes they are heavy and understeer but no where near like everyone makes out, you have to be doing really daft things on the road to notice or just launching into roundabouts far too fast (it is fun tho)! If you do this is shows up how planted and easy to drive fast the TT is without catching you off guard and putting you into a ditch!

Shes a 2003 BAM Audi 225 Quatrro in Missano Red that is a really my weekend toy/track slag,brough as a standard car 2 years ago. Spec is HUGE but includes:

Engine:

Fully forged Eurospec engine

Forged Eurospec pistons 82.5mm

Eurospec con rods

Eurospec 14lb Billet crank with bolts

CNC big valve head. 1mm over sized valves - Flowed etc....

Raceware head kit

750cc injectors

RMR inlet manifold (Boss Racing)

80mm Throttle body - R32

Jabbasport Baffeld oil sump

Custom Down pipe

Custon exhaust system

Mocal Oil cooler - Yet to buy

Ali charge pipes etc

Forge Supersize recirculating dump valve

GT30 Hybrid by Owens (Largest compressor wheel of the 3 and the WRC Cartridge)

Top Mount Tubular Race Manifold

Forge hose kits (all they do + some they dont!)

Dynatwist intake (added 9bhp dyno back to back over stock drilled box with pipercross filter)

Pro Alloy FMIC with 70mm pipework

Water Methanol to be installed

NGK plugs (2 stage cooler)

Forge Supersize DV

Custom 3" turbo back exhuast system

It makes about 545bhp blink.gif

Now has

Garret Top mount manifold

GTX30R76 (Havent ordered yet)

Seperate Oil and Water coolers (Removed water jacket cooler)

Air-Con / Climate control removed including pipework and rad. (Over 70kg saved)

Pick up pump removed

In take 044 fuel pump added in custom cradle

Brake hardline rerouted - (Get too hot on bulk head with a BT there if you ask me)

This will probally make less peak power but should be far more reliable (larger flange will reduce EGT and allow less boost for same power)

QS Front bumper and grills

Oris carbon rear diffuser

Oris Carbon Spoiler

Buddy Club P1 wheels in 18 x 8.5 (6.7kg each lightest 18" alloys you can get before going Mag or Carbon) - After some light 17" wheels if I can fit over brakes which Im sure I can.

Porsche GT2 6 pot calipers upfront on Tarrox Disks and Pads, HEL braided stainless steel lines.

Battery relocated to wheel well

5 rear redrunning lights

5 brake lights

Symetrical rear lights

KW V2 coilovers

KW adjustable Tie Bars

Sparco Pole Positions FIA approved ( 7kg each)

Buddy Club 3" 5 point FIA harness (running as 4 points so dont worry ladies)

Saftey Devices 4 point roll cage FIA approved

Liquid Guage (give all vital readouts of car)

Aero Wipers

Ballast weight removed

Rear Seats removed

Tow hooks and brackets removed

Performance 4wd haldex

QS parcel shelf

Forge Big Knob

LED plate Bulbs

RIDE ME Private plate on ABT surrounds

Probally loads more I have forgotten, anything please feel free to ask, I have LOADS of pics.

I need:

Vibratechnic Engine Mounts

Oil Cooler (Still trying to work out largest I can fit), Sandwich plate will be thermo-static.

GTX30R76 (Pretty important)

Dog bone (I have a uprated bush kit but uprated mount would be good)

17" wheels - Mate can supply me slicks in 17" cheap too!

Water Methanol kit (No idea which one yet) - Not vital to get car running tho

Toe straps/hooks. I removed standard ones and then last track day worried all day that if I got stuck in kitty litter they would wrap a rope round anything and rip her out, so now a feel a wally and need to sort somthing out.

Oil and Filter (he he)

Coolant

Map her!

Edited by Bikerz

As above :lol:

lol. Sod off you know I have it. Im doing it step by step. Pics are coming honest. Half of the people on here have seen my TT as a show or 2.

On a serious note I love how friendley this place is! Esspecialy these new members to the long term members! Nice work fella :rolleyes:

Try thinking and doing 1 min of research before playing the big man card (Says the 6 foot 4 size 15 feet Giraffe boy -_-)

Im doing this as soo many people have asked how its coming along, so thourght I should do one.

Edited by Bikerz

I then took a trip to IOM with a local mate (Sam Brooke) G1SMO X who had a 2.0L IHI 480bhp mk1 TT and drove this beast round the island every morning when he recovered from the night before. I also picked everyone up from the clubs in this which got some attension shall we say! I cant wait to go back! Best trip in TT and cheapish too!

DSC01486.jpg

Edited by Bikerz

A mate came round to show off his shinny toy, brand new out of the box

DSC01560.jpg

DSC01556.jpg

DSC01557.jpg

DSC01558.jpg

DSC01559.jpg

Its a manual, I tryed to drive it, but after 8 miles it was just too dangerous! I can get my size 15 feet in there without hitting all 3 pedals at once! Not fun in very expensive car that isnt yours and has 325bhp (He has the Porche tuing pack). The pedals are closer together then the lupo! Bar this fact and I could have had a Boxster over the TT, but due to this it was a big no!

Edited by Bikerz

Couldnt work it out, bar I was driving it too hard so a nice clean and some weight removed. Towing eye and bits and the huge lump of ballast that Audi added after they TT was back end happy (yes hard to belive as they now have a girly reputation!) They altered the suspension gyometery and added spoiler, ballast weight, ESP and traction control! (I sort these later on)

DSC01576.jpg

DSC01575.jpg

Mate popped by in his new toy (Sold now) Terrible car, huge list of problems! Some dangeours!

DSC01608.jpg

DSC01607.jpg

Got my QS front end on (Bumper and the 3 grills from the LTD edition TT Quattro Sport) TT QS

4-2.jpg

That looks like positive camber on the rear to me!

1-2.jpg

And a clean

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

5-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

Everyone loves a TT fuel cap

DSC01641.jpg

Edited by Bikerz

Next was brakes. I was lucky enough to find a 500 mile GT2 smashed up at a breakers and brought:

These are 4 pots off the rear of a GT2 or GT3 996 911. They were going to be for the rear of the TT, but things have changed and I never fitted, so let me know if you fancy buying.

DSC01688.jpg

DSC01689.jpg

DSC01690.jpg

DSC01691.jpg

DSC01686.jpg

DSC01684.jpg

I also got the 6 pots for the front of the TT. These are now fitted and AMAZING! At a rescent trackday I was outbraking race TVR's on slicks (God knows how, as its all about tyres on the track really). They were amazed and came over after a few sessions to see what I was all about. I was coming in as I was overheating engine, and they were coming in as overheating brakes. he he

6 pot brembo calipers.

334mm Tarox disks (Yes they are small for a reason, getting 17" wheels over them)

HEL lines

Tarox Pads (Pricey as you like)

Cheers to Al for getting me disks and pads as cheap as he could!

DSC01793.jpg

DSC01809.jpg

DSC01808.jpg

DSC01807.jpg

DSC01806.jpg

FK coilovers now. I brought these along with some KW adjustable tie bars. Anyone that knows about the mk1 quattro platform cars (R32, S3, TT) will know you need these when lowering to get rear camber back in as standard items allow so little adjustment.

FK go low for maximum scene points B) (needed them when you cant afford big power insurance yet :lol: )

DSC01775.jpg

DSC01774.jpg

Rears

DSC01801.jpg

Bollox, still to high :lol:

DSC01802.jpg

DSC01803.jpg

SCENE POINTS

DSC01799.jpg

DSC01800.jpg

DSC01798.jpg

DSC01797.jpg

And what do we all do after a good lowering? ALLIGNMENT TIME

ProtyreNew.jpg

Nice pic at local ED38 meet

26-2.jpg

Edited by Bikerz

No 1.8T motor is complete without a 007 Forge Re-Circ Valve

DSC01378.jpg

DSC01374.jpg

DSC01373.jpg

DSC01372.jpg

Car then went for a P-Torque Stage 1 remap!

FK Badgeless grill

DSC01395.jpg

DSC01393.jpg

This has now been removed and 3 bar facelift item back on

Edited by Bikerz

The reason for them comming out is this!

Recearo Pole Positions in Black leather and Black backs, along with ali Recearo runners. PERFECT! These came in the TT QS and are the best part of that car! They are supportive allow harnesses and weight only 7kg each with the runners (I have the light runners). The stock TT headted leather seats are 27kg each, so seats alone have saved me 40kg and seatbelts removed and harnesses have saved me a few more! I had a very back motorbike accident when I was younger and my back is *****, these seats are sooo much better for my back (belive it or not) so much so I dont think I will ever sell and will just move them from car to car! The seats and belts are in date stamp till 2014 (not that it bothers me)

IMG_6684a.jpg

IMG_6683a.jpg

IMG_6682a.jpg

IMG_6685a.jpg

IMG_6681a.jpg

IMG_6677a.jpg

IMG_6676a.jpg

IMG_6675a.jpg

IMG_6674a.jpg

Came with the fitting kit so this was all plug and play and no warning lights

DSC01816.jpg

DSC01815.jpg

They went in along with these:

Sparco Buddy Club 3" Harnesses

IMG_6688a.jpg

IMG_6686a.jpg

And the money shot

DSC01817.jpg

You know you love the armrest in there too!

Those of you that are still reading and not just picture looking :lol: will notice A part stripped interior, well she was going through a change (less weight)

IMG042.jpg

There we are, less weight, told you I was good!

Driving was a little awkward

IMG040.jpg

Oh no wait there we are, I can drive like this

IMG039.jpg

Charlie is screwed tho

IMG041.jpg

This is the reason for all this!

IMG043.jpg

Saftey devices FIA approved cage! These came fitted by Audi on their TT QS track cars (if you brought a QS brand new you got a free day racing around in one on a track with this cage fitted. Its not that intrusive, just makes the car look the part. Its 27kg extra added, however its very noticable how much it has stiffened car up (infact unbelivibley how much it has). All TT owners that have got in have noticed this so cant just be me! Makes it easier to get rear end out thats for sure!

While on subject of stripping cars, this is my best mates ZR track car, mine wont ever be extreme as this, this isnt road legal and is towed to tracks and hill climbs and will be raced in the MG TT next year

DSC01860.jpg

DSC01861.jpg

I noticed she would get very hot even just on the road on intake temps

so I added a forge FMIC. I got a black one with red pipes. Rather stealth!

IMG074.jpg

IMG073.jpg

Helpped a little but could still get intakes upto 55C on the road and 70C on the track!

Edited by Bikerz

Then the nice shinney Rocco arrived!

Shes a 1.4 TSI 182bhp model in Candy White, has magnetic ride, parking sensors, reverse camera, Touch screen head unit. I can get 52,8mpg on motorway out of her but she averages about 46mpg. Handles like a dream and I love the seats (tho they are meant to wear badley)

Roco3.jpg

Roco2.jpg

Roco1.jpg

Just besuase we all like pussy

lillyandNeo.jpg

DSC01587-1.jpg

All3.jpg

Raggdolls!

Next some areo wipper were added:

wiper.jpg

Elec.jpg

The face lift model was meant to have these and mine was a facelift and should have.

I did have :

Gear Knob

Lowered Suspension

18" RSTT wheels

This makes it possible this is a true S-Line as they only came in Silver and Missano red! VERY NICE!

Some OZ 18" x 8" Superturismos in black were added along with uprated Haldex controler (sends more power to the back)

IMG203.jpg

IMG204.jpg

IMG205.jpg

Then to a few shows with the locals!

DSC01832.jpg

DSC01833.jpg

Lupo.jpg

IMG177.jpg

DSC01840.jpg

DSC01838.jpg

Went to France with the TT lot:

Then to the Stelvio Pass with the TT lot, going through 8 contrys and a trip to the RING!

DSC01853.jpg

Intresting conditions

DSC01855.jpg

DSC01856.jpg

DSC01854.jpg

Ring

Take a look at eth state of my black wheels! Brake dust!

TTring.jpg

Edited by Bikerz