Two cat converters?

LupoL0ver

Yeah the pre cat acts as a filter and is located where the branches marry up. It has a lambda sensor plugged into it. I am thinking of installing a 6n2 gti manifold as this does not have one, but i don't know what would happen if i unplug the sensor.

Yeah the pre cat acts as a filter and is located where the branches marry up. It has a lambda sensor plugged into it. I am thinking of installing a 6n2 gti manifold as this does not have one, but i don't know what would happen if i unplug the sensor.

Engine managment light, early sports only have one lambda sensor, which is located on the manifold.

Engine managment light, early sports only have one lambda sensor, which is located on the manifold.

Does this put it in limp mode? Anyway to stop the light showing and have the lambda unplugged for the pre cat?

Are you sure about that as the manifold on mine is off a 6N2 Polo GTI and it has a pre-cat. It's the same part number as a Lupo GTI one.

Right OK, well the pre-cat is welded to the flange that bolts onto the bottom of that manifold.

On your Sport is the pre cat above the flange? Are you planning to bolt your Lupo Sport downpipe to that GTI manifold?

Yeah i have a large cylinder where the branches join unlike that picture i showed you, and i am looking to install that to my downpipe. Does the GTI manifold use a lambda sensor too?

I am after installing that 6n2 manifold to my 1.4 sport, is it a straight fit?

Edited by Heyaxe

The GTI manifold uses a lambda sensor, but it fits in the top of the pre cat (large cylinder) which you don't have.

I think if you try and fit that manifold directly to your downpipe you will find it to be too short. I had thought the sport downpipe is shorter to compensate for the pre cat being part of the manifold. Conversely, the GTI has a longer downpipe which includes the pre cat, but the mani is shorter.

I might be wrong though so you may as well give it a try, and then we'll know for sure.

I can only see one lamdba sensor on my car and that is connected to the branches, so on the GTI the sensor must be connected to the downpipe? What engine was your sport, and did it have the precat at the top or bottom of flange?

The lambda sensor, the plug, will be shaped like a chocolate finger (the biscuit). Thats what mine is like. On the newer engine code, with the erg valve (you could also check to see if you have this come to think of it). Anyway if you have two lambda sensors you will have a squarer plug. Hope this helps in some way.