Nick's Sport - Picture Day

Niche

Well its another Sport which has seen better days after all the common faults they suffer.

I'm not going to bore you with small talk, here's the money shot. :)

Sorry my Photbucket account went under a bit of maintenance for security purposes, here are the images again.

SP_A0137.jpg

SP_A0038Large.jpg

SP_A0043Large.jpg

SP_A0138.jpg

SP_A0013Large.jpg

SP_A0025Large.jpg

SP_A0044Large.jpg

My old Polo mk2 which was more fun to drive...

SP_A0071Large.jpg

SP_A0134Large.jpg

SP_A0090.jpg

SP_A0067.jpg

Can anyone guess the lovely modification in the picture below? And no its not the air filter! :wub:

SP_A0098.jpg

-N-

Edited by Niche

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Here is all the work I've had done to the car since I bought it. Note that the car is still standard. :lol:

New Cam Belt (55,000k)

New Cam Belt Tensioners (55,000k)

New Water Pump (55,000k)

New Clutch kit (57,000k)

New Pedal box (57,000k)

New rear exhaust brackets (57,000k)

Reset electric sunroof (57,000k)

Oil change + filter (57,500k)

New upper door card clips (x7) (58,000k)

New drivers side fog light (58,000k)

New VW NGK spark plugs (58,000k)

New VW ignition leads (58,000k)

Gearbox oil change. (59,000k)

New VW Thermostat (59,000k)

New VW Temperature sender (59,000k)

New OEM Catalytic Converter (61,000k)

New Air Filter Insert (61,000k)

New Coil Pack (61,000k)

New Clutch Cable (61,500k)

New drivers side Check Strap (61,500k)

New Federal SS-595 Tyres x 4 (61,500k)

New drivers side Door Locking Mechanism (61,500k)

New Long Life stainless steel cat-back exhaust system (62,500k)

Image010Large.jpg

Image009Large.jpg

The exhaust was replaced as the baffles in the standard system rotted away. The car is now faultless and back to standard with the exception of two petty issues like the rear windscreen washer and the drivers side height adjuster.

You finally got your tyres then?

Are you still selling it? What you fancying after?

Seems a shame to sell when you have just got it back to perfect again.

Yeh I got the Federal SS-595's on and the result is amazing, there so soft.

It would be a shame to sell but I'm just bored of it, not even bored just silly bored. I'm after a Polo G40 and I already have one in mind. I'm just waiting for someone to give me a sensible offer for the Lupo.

I still do have a few plans for the Lupo, a pollen filter housing for my newly purchased pollen filter. :lol:

Pollen filter is a good ting to have, just remember to write in your service book that you have fitted one, or it will never be changed again :lol:

It seems you like the Federals then!

Pollen filter is a good ting to have, just remember to write in your service book that you have fitted one, or it will never be changed again :lol:

It seems you like the Federals then!

Yup, the Federal's are really quiet on the road and makes the car silky smooth to drive. There very good in the wet as well which come as a bit of a shock to me. Definitely worth the money although I can't make full use of the tyres until I get some Eibach springs on her. (When I win the Lotto. :lol: )

Glad you got it healthy eventually - thats a crazy long list of repairs and fixes :blink:

Is the Lupo pollen filter housing the same as an Arosa one, as I have one from my donor here....

The list of repairs is pathetic to be honest. I never had one thing go wrong with the old Polo...nothing. I just hope nothing else goes wrong with it, I had to skip going Ayia Napa with my mates for this stupid car. I bet I decide to sell it and the new owner gets no niggles with it.

Well I can't see why they would be any different being virtually the same car.

Does yours come with all the necessary bolts etc. to get it fitted? And how much would you want for it to be posted to London?

Nick.

Yup, the Federal's are really quiet on the road and makes the car silky smooth to drive. There very good in the wet as well which come as a bit of a shock to me. Definitely worth the money although I can't make full use of the tyres until I get some Eibach springs on her. (When I win the Lotto. :lol: )

They do sound good, and are a very well priced. The thing which puts me off them is the sidewall is very chuncky, with huge rim protection, i like tyres to look slim and pretty flush against the rim. The feds do have a funky tread pattern though!

Ive just bought some Michelins, they get very good reviews and ive experienced them before on another car and thought they were very good. Plus they are nice and slim looking against the rim.

Good luck with the sale if you go ahead. Im sure with the list of things you have done to it it should sell well!

I saw this up on the ramps at longlife last week, rode past on my r6.

Yup, that was my Loop on the ramps. The old exhaust rotted away and Longlife only charged £324 to fully fit a stainless steel cat back system.

They do sound good, and are a very well priced. The thing which puts me off them is the sidewall is very chuncky, with huge rim protection, i like tyres to look slim and pretty flush against the rim. The feds do have a funky tread pattern though!

Ive just bought some Michelins, they get very good reviews and ive experienced them before on another car and thought they were very good. Plus they are nice and slim looking against the rim.

Good luck with the sale if you go ahead. Im sure with the list of things you have done to it it should sell well!

If I had my own drive I would have got tyres with a slim side wall, but this is London we're talking about here LOL, the curbs are about as high as the doors! :wacko:

If I had the money I would have got some Michelins too, although Federal is a division of Bridgestone so I though I'd give them a shot.

If I had my own drive I would have got tyres with a slim side wall, but this is London we're talking about here LOL, the curbs are about as high as the doors! :wacko:

If I had the money I would have got some Michelins too, although Federal is a division of Bridgestone so I though I'd give them a shot.

Yeah good point!

I do a fair amount of town driving, so a lot of parking near curbs, just have to be careful! ;)

I got my michelins for a very good price online, just bought two as my others are ok. Will get them fitted soon.

:)

Not had to replace either of my exhausts yet, thankfully!

• 2 weeks later...
whats ur exhaust like??

loud ??

looks nice is tht a differnt tail pipe or have u use the 1 of ur standard system.. ?

danny

For noise levels I went for a semi-sport which is about the same noise level as the standard exhaust with a slightly deeper tone. I would recommend a full sport.

Down at longlife you get to choose your own tail pipe, I went for the same one but its a lot bigger than the standard tip.

The reason for choosing the same noise levels and tailpipe as the standard exhaust was mainly for insurance purposes, in essence I have put on the same exhaust, only difference is mine is stainless steel. :)

Hasen't really improved power at all. Catalytic in the manifold and downpipe is holding me back. An induction kit should help increase the airflow and make the revs a bit more free.

Edited by Niche

Nick, are you keeping it now then?

Looking over my long (and expensive) list of repairs I'm only going to loose profit by selling the car even though Lupo's hold their value very well being a one of a kind shell.

So plans are to keep it for life. 50MPG is very decent for a 16V Sport. The only reason I got 46MPG last time was because I kept overtaking dodgey looking lorries.

Hopefully a remap in time should help even more with the MPG being a sensible driver. :)

To put it all in one sentence I've done too much work to the car just to give it up so quickly. Unless my interview goes well tomorrow then I'll be getting an Integra Type R. Woop Woop, monies. :lol:

For the meantime I wouldn't mind swapping for a Lupo/Arosa TDI though!

Edited by Niche

Looking over my long (and expensive) list of repairs I'm only going to loose profit by selling the car even though Lupo's hold their value very well being a one of a kind shell.

So plans are to keep it for life. 50MPG is very decent for a 16V Sport. The only reason I got 46MPG last time was because I kept overtaking dodgey looking lorries.

Hopefully a remap in time should help even more with the MPG being a sensible driver. :)

To put it all in one sentence I've done too much work to the car just to give it up so quickly. Unless my interview goes well tomorrow then I'll be getting an Integra Type R. Woop Woop, monies. :lol:

For the meantime I wouldn't mind swapping for a Lupo/Arosa TDI though!

Yeah i think your right, now you have it how you want you may as well use it.

50MPG?!?!?! is that on average? you must drive super careful? My average is about 55-60MPG, although if i try i can see 70's, but only on a long run and in the right conditions.

Want to swap?? :lol::P

Id never get 50MPG from a sport though, far to heavy footed!

Good luck with the interview Nick, i hope it goes well :)

I had one today, ive a feeling it didnt go fantastically well, but we will see :sweating:

Edited by cardaft

good luk with the job interview then mate ;)

cheers dude! :)

Yeah i think your right, now you have it how you want you may as well use it.

50MPG?!?!?! is that on average? you must drive super careful? My average is about 55-60MPG, although if i try i can see 70's, but only on a long run and in the right conditions.

Want to swap?? :lol::P

Id never get 50MPG from a sport though, far to heavy footed!

Good luck with the interview Nick, i hope it goes well :)

I had one today, ive a feeling it didnt go fantastically well, but we will see :sweating:

I wouldn't mind swapping :P

50MPG on the motorway, city driving at a rough guess is around 35MPG, well...for London it is any ways. :lol:

Cheers Chris, I'm going to need it! I'm sure yours went fine, we'll soon find out any ways. :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

Its looking very smart :shades: But i want your sunroof and interior :lol:B)

Good job you dont have a wide car! those spaces are really narrow ;)

Are you content with it yet or not? ;)

Edited by cardaft