Pedal Box DIY

Hi

Basically this weekend the pedal box went in my lupo and after reading the forum was thinking ah well wasnt a case of if it was going to go was a case of when it was going to go so i wasnt too worried... Until after me and my dad who is a mechanic took a look to make sure it was the pedal box before thinking about approaching a dealer for the what i was hoping a free replacement we discovered that it must have gone before as someone had welded and bolted a dodgy metal bracket down there to support the already broken pedal box such joy...

So basically its not worth taking it to a dealer as they are just no going to touch it as it had blatantly been tampered with in some way in the past sadly. Thus the DIY my dad would normally do it anyway but due to an operation he cant so its down to me to do under his supervision, after spending 3 hours stripping away bits if dash to try and reveal the pedal box I have basically run out of bits to take off except the dash itself which from what i can see isnt held in by many screws? i counted about 6-8ish maybe? so basically im asking for anyone out there who has done this job before of has taken the dash out of a lupo before to let me know if theres any pitfalls or easier way to change this damn pedal box and if possibly a guide on how to do it or at least remove the dash will be mega useful.

I found the following link but the actual link to the file is dead does anyone have a copy by anychance?

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=19222

Thanks in advance

Tony

Ask VWR Lupo. He did it himself a while back. I remember him saying it was an ass of a job though

Edited by Joe

Until after me and my dad who is a mechanic took a look to make sure it was the pedal box before thinking about approaching a dealer for the what i was hoping a free replacement we discovered that it must have gone before as someone had welded and bolted a dodgy metal bracket down there to support the already broken pedal box such joy...

So basically its not worth taking it to a dealer as they are just no going to touch it as it had blatantly been tampered with in some way in the past sadly.

my yellow one was done by vw and it had been pikey'd before i just said i done it so i could get here

fine :rolleyes: