Thought I'd start a progress thread. Lupo 1.4 16v

DanBurton

Hey. I'm Dan. This is my car(s)

Going to keep the start short because it's not lupo related.

Bought this:

e4H3xsK.jpg

Turned it into this:

kaU80od.jpg

Got written off (No fault of my own):

D9kp8Hv.jpg

So off to the scrappy little clilow went

I3mwsSs.jpg

Got this as my courtesy car:

42IJYu7.jpg?1

Then bought this. Lupo 1.4 16v is Jazz Blue. Needs some TLC but for just under a grand with 73k on the clocks I ain't complaining!

This is how it looked the minute I got her home!

WWtKrkX.jpg

Then this is about 20 minutes later:

38tdPXB.jpg?1

Had some tint laying around so me and a mate decided to tackle the tinting!:

MsuO0cA.jpg

But then the parts I'd been waiting for arrived! COILIES:

YVFiTyo.jpg

It was a sunny day so me and a mate managed to get them done in a few hours!

3SyOu60.jpg

This is how she sat for a while after:

iLi6vDj.jpgmgYkQ5E.jpg

M8u4w3q.jpg

This is where **** hit the fan. I got a puncture and had to buy a new tire. The next day I got a nice little letter from the people at the police who told me they caught me doing 51 in a 40,,,,,,,,,,, :rant:

Sold the wheels for half what I paid and cracked on getting it sorted. Got the tracking done, new tyre and paid the fine.

Cwjarce.jpg

I was now rolling on steelies so thought I'd take the piss a little :thumbsup:

gudfA64.jpg

Bought some paint to paint the steelies but decided to spray a few interior parts and the badge first.

bK6Hy5O.jpgG82Oh4r.jpggiISYTT.jpg

Aaaaand decided to lower it more and take the adjuster cups out the rear!!:

u7LzVdR.jpg

Tt7wDqp.jpg

dgFltlw.jpg

This is how she sat until this happened:

Z2aoqTG.jpg?1

And hellooooooo battery troubles thanks to the sub not turning off... Got a switch on the remote wire now..

kw5dNXO.jpg?1

Did I mention I took the tints off of the headlights? I forgot, well, I did :) So this is how she sat for a while. The ARB knocking stopped due to it just sitting on it lol

CpDpZel.jpg

Then got some center caps off of a friend and looked tonnes better (y) Also I took the rear seats out in plans for a false floor build and started pricing up the parts :)

b4LwUo6.jpg

Then while speaking to a friend I met at ultimate dubs it turns out he made a false floor for one of his 5 lupos and a friend of his has it and is selling it! I nabbed that up for £45 (Bargain imo) and got to shaving off some of the wood and fitting it:

ttfA7ap.jpg

It's trimmed in black suede which looks really good. Going to retrim it in black suede again as well as my roof lining and door cards so it all matches <3:

rT1hJh8.jpg

Looks really good and is starting to show some progress (y) Ordered the parts to lower it another 2ish inches all around last night as well as a toffee wheel to get that horrible black **** off of the sides from the bump strips!

Took a picture while the weather was nice and she was somewhat clean. Can't wait to get it all retrimmed and lower. Will paint the wheels at some point and get them shiny. Progress progress progress!

AkvIQAe.jpg

How do u get anywhere in this country with it being that low! Very nice IMO :) definite upgrade from the Clio :P

uhmmmm tbh I don't really scrape anything apart from speed bumps. I've ordered Corsa b rear shocks and a few other secrets parts today in order to get it laying frame with threads left on the coils ;)

There's some 13" wheel trims in one of the pics, sell them to me :D

haha I had to use the metal wire out of one of the originals for one thing or another and the other ones I used were a friends who's taken them back :P Sorry. Not hard to get a set of trims though

Update: Started thinking and planning out the plans for some custom door cards today. Plan on having 1 6", 1 5.25" and a tweet in each lower door card. Anybody got any experience with this? Trying to work out how to make the door cards still attach without the screw holes at the bottom

Update: Managed to get myself a smooth front bumper for £20! Will be here later in the week then going to learn how to paint properly! :D Also ordered all the parts to do US Spec side lights. Will post pictures as I'm working on it :)

Dude, your last photo, you're cars front splitter is practically balancing on the curb. You need to just lift it a little bit dude, you'll end up ripping your sump off or something crazy!!

Dude, your last photo, you're cars front splitter is practically balancing on the curb. You need to just lift it a little bit dude, you'll end up ripping your sump off or something crazy!!

Naa I just plan on not parking there. I literally hit that bumper on nothing. I just touch it on some speed bumps. That's just a ****ed up curb trust me

Still, too many people come on here with a whimper after damaging something because their Loop is too low. A little low is good. Too lows are bad

Still, too many people come on here with a whimper after damaging something because their Loop is too low. A little low is good. Too lows are bad

You won't hear me whimpering man! If something brakes I'll fit it. It's a learning experience

Looks good man! Saw this on Instagram today!

Cheers man saw you follow me :)

Update: Did the US Sidelight mod today :D

Took a few pictures but can provide more information through PM if needed :)

First of all I removed the indicators and bulbs (Remember to remove the bulbs, this is important)

Next step is to drill holes the right size for your 501 bulb holders. (In my case, drill as large as my drill will let me then use a drill bit BY HAND to do the rest. My hands are hurting)

xzXixPM.jpg

Next make sure your 501 bulb holder fits snug. Add some glue if needed!

43qfcCz.jpg

Extend the wire as needed and put 6.3mm spade connectors on the end. Next comes the tricky bit. Get some scotch lock connectors and splice them into the brown and green wires going into the side light. Brown is Positive, Green is Negative. Plug your new side lights into the connectors and job done. Route the wire out of the back plate and build your bumper back up.

N2ARVeX.jpg

57gINu0.jpg

6xx1Igl.jpg

wbYUPWr.jpg

Will get a picture of it at night in a few hours and post that. I left the original side lights in so that I have 4 side lights but if you don't want this you could take the bulb out.

The bulbs do stay on while you indicate but the indicators are significantly brighter than the side lights therefore you do not get complaints about you indicating when you're not.

Any more information on how to do it just PM me and I'll help the best I can :)

Is that even legal? Driving around with your indicators on permanently?

It's a... weird mod lol. Most people in the USA endeavor to actually turn off their DRL's lol.

the pictures have gone funny looking good like the mod how have you wires it to a seperate switch?

Hey, they're wired onto the side lights so that they come on when the sidelights are on.

Is that even legal? Driving around with your indicators on permanently?

It's a... weird mod lol. Most people in the USA endeavor to actually turn off their DRL's lol.

I actually tested whether you can still see the indicators and they must be 3x brighter than the side lights. There is absolutely no way you can mistake them for indicators, the pictures make them look brighter. If I get pulled over for them I can simply unplug them on the spot.

Hey, they're wired onto the side lights so that they come on when the sidelights are on.

I actually tested whether you can still see the indicators and they must be 3x brighter than the side lights. There is absolutely no way you can mistake them for indicators, the pictures make them look brighter. If I get pulled over for them I can simply unplug them on the spot.

Fair enough :)

Update:

Picked myself up a smoothed bumper for 20 QUID! BARGAIN. All plastic welded and everything. Got it shipped for another £20 and then I have myself a smooth bumper

HOmJokp.jpg?1

As you can see, it's the wrong colour and the paint is pretty darn shite tbh. Got down to sanding and fillering :)

S5E157k.jpg?1

Decided to try using our spray gun rather than rattle cans so did a bit of research and jumped in at the deep end :) Garage spray booth ftw

ULysVdc.jpg?1

Got it primered and sanded smooth ready for the paint! Something satisfying at swirling around the paint

gT6Osvi.jpg?1

4OcEHRz.jpg?1

Got 3 coats on it ready for Clear coat. There was tonnes of **** in the paint from the dusty garage so decided to go at it with some wet and dry. Had a bit of a panic moment when I couldn't figure out how to get rid of all the scratch marks on it after sanding. Refused to clear over it so got researching again. All signs pointed towards t-cut and megs scratch X so that's what I did!

7UIl25k.jpg

Clear coated it this morning and it's come out bootiful.

zJGQhxH.jpg?1

Just needs a sand down and mop tomorrow night when it has hardened and its ready to go on at the weekend :D Oh and picked this up for a good price so I couldn't help myself :)

hxaqEFS.jpg?1

Edited by DanBurton