Central/remote locking

Brucyy

Lost of posts recently!

My central locking works but my remote locking won't!

Atleast I guess it's remote locking, I've got a key with a button on and what looks to be a light on the front of it. I've then got a red light that flashes on my drivers door, I've now replaced my battery and it still doesn't seem to work. Anyone got any tips?

It sounds to me like you don't have remote central locking, just the normal central locking like me.

The key with a button on it is just a torch light. The flashing red light is standard kit and is really just a deterrent.

stator and sharemax have basically said what I'm trying to confirm. If it worked before, then we'll go from there, but if you bought it without remote central locking, then I'm pretty certain you don't have remote central locking. Very few Lupo's did. Only GTi's and a few Sports models.

However there's a tutorial in the How To section for retrofitting it. Can be done in a couple of hours for less than a tenner ;):D

Its a sport model so that's why I though I did, I bought the car without the remote locking working but he told me that it did once work..whether it's true or not I don't know as it came from a dealer