What to do with the Lupo

ShaunLUPO

I currently have a black Lupo 1.0MPi and I've had the normal done to it, lowered, alloys and I did have it tinted but got sick, silly limo black,

Im currently running on BBS (lenso's) that are silver, slightly stands out, lowered about 40-45mm.

Interior wise the seats will be changed very soon I have Recaro reps from the MK4 Golf GTI, My roof card I have had it comic stripped with retro Marvel comic strips and thinking of doing a little more sticker bombing, ive done the VW front badge, I was thinking about getting the dash changed to the TT leather also maybe, and Faux Leather door cards?

Now im looking for something different, the little GTI lip maybe, Rolled arch's maybe, and cambers but I want to see how others look, and maybe some advice on the rolling arch's, and anything that's for sale that maybe something a little different.

Ill get some pictures when I can

Thanks

Shaun,

Edited by ShaunLUPO

Shaun, you started off brilliant and then it all went downhill. A stickerbombed roof card sounds truly horrendous. Don't do more stickerbombing imo. As soon as it goes out of fashion, you'll regret it. Look into something a little more smart.

Faux leather/pleather door cards are something I plan on doing very soon. There's a thread open where I demonstrate the wrapping off my door handles, so watch that space and I'll chuck together a How To.

As has been said, less is more, subtle mods.

• Like 1

BBS Lensos? Never heard of them....

GTI lip? As in the lower front bumper or the little black lip that sits under it?

Lower bumper won't fit a non GTI and that little black lip is a firm part of said lower bumper.

BBS Lensos? Never heard of them....GTI lip? As in the lower front or the little black lip that sits under it?Lower bumper won't fit a non GTI and that little black lip is a firm part of said lower bumper.

Ray, I think Lenso make BBS styled rims.

Nah im with Shaun now, he doesnt want a splitter, he wants the rear GTi, spoiler lip, he typed this on his phone in college haha. and its something different his roof card its not sticker bomb as such he will have to upload pictures to show you what he means its actually pretty awesome something really different,

What's wrong with them? They look pretty good done right?

I agree might get some myself, but if you laugh at others peoples mod you should be prepared to be laughed at. I mean did you read what you posted. Sticker bombing is crap. Pleather is so coool. You see what I'm getting at.

I agree might get some myself, but if you laugh at others peoples mod you should be prepared to be laughed at. I mean did you read what you posted. Sticker bombing is crap. Pleather is so coool. You see what I'm getting at.

I don't laugh at other peoples mods per se, I just think stickerbombing is a really bad idea. It's a scene thing and in a year or two, it'll have gone out of fashion. I'm also not convinced it's very reversible, especially if you do it direct to door panels as opposed to door cards etc. The fact it looks, well, not very good in my own opinion is actually irrelevant isn't it? It's your car and what you do with it is really up to you and your own tastes. If you do put it on the net, expect it to be judged, that's a standard rule though ;)

To be honest, Pleather/leather/leatherette whatever door cards will never go out of fashion, because it's the kind of styling you'll easily see in a new Volkswagen or a premium car. It makes sense more than stickerbombing which is just a fad right now.

If someone was absolutely desperate to stickerbomb and asked me for where, I'd say stickerbomb your engine cover. That could look kind of qwerky and I've not seen it done before (which I think is rather important so you don't look exactly the same as everyone else). I'm just not keen on like entire panels stickerbombed: wings, doors, wingmirrors, even bonnets. It just doesn't do it for me I'm afraid.

BUT.... and I mean serious BUT.... I see where you're coming from on this one Dblock, you got me :P:P

Edited by Skezza
  • Like 1

Shaun, I looked at your photos again, is it trick of the light or do you have a few dents? Paintless dent removal is a good mod. You can do it yourself using a heatgun and a can of compressed air from Poundland.

Heat the dent using a heatgun (hair dryer if you've got nothing else) then spray the dent with a can of compressed the air. The rapid change in temperature will cause the dent to pop out:

Youtube Video ->
Original Video

Yep that's a case of what a taxi done to a parked car! And yeah I'll have ago on that looks good,

And no I was expecting abit of crap for the whole sticker bombing but I like it, and granted it will change soon but it's my thing it's good and you will never get another one like mine because it's been done by someone, with individual comics

I sticker bombed my NSR quarter panel, and it certainly gets attention! But the primary reason was it had massive lacquer peel and needs a full respray - and was a quick solution to make it look "better" (or at least different). As it's an Arosa that is totally debadged with a JE Design bodykit inc grill and most of the stickers are Fiat or Italian car related, most people have no idea what sort of make - let alone model it is!