James' 1.0e grey lupo - WHEEL UPDATE

Jimibland

Hey,

So after saving for ages I bought this car back in August at vw festival, its my first car. Some of you may know him already as 'Oscar'. Over the past few months I've been learning to drive in it, I past my test last week so now the build thread can start! When I got the car it was already on coil overs and was already super clean. This is what I've done so far!

vwshowsandmylupo078_zps9c4fde3a.jpg

vwshowsandmylupo083_zpsad26f9a4.jpg

I took these photos a couple of days after I purchased the car!

So the first mod was some different wheel trims, some old merc ones I found in my grandads garage.

image_zps84eaf833.jpg

Next after a few weeks of running the merc trims I managed to get my hands on some gotti cups. These will be on the car until spring when I get the wheels I really want!

image_zpsc45bbaf1.jpg

Sorry for the rubbish photo I haven't managed to get a decent one yet.

Stay tuned for more updates! Cheers

(Find me on Instagram) James_fitteduk

Edited by Jimibland

• 1 month later...

So it's been a while since I last posted, other than lots of cleaning and winter protection using swissvax onyx wax the only other mod I have done is some new seats, lupo gti front and rear.

The new seats

9E14262B-FC8E-4B71-A389-D45B87D70B8F_zps

93228926-60B6-4E6A-A884-6861A0DC068A_zps

Also a reflection shot after a recent clean!!

BE44A5FB-66F8-4262-A051-E55323E2DB66_zps

And a full car pic back on the merc trims!!!!

25BBEA45-98BE-44D2-A652-6FD3242B7D6A_zps

Thanks again for looking

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I've neglected this thread for a few weeks so just a quick update. The RMs came back from paint earlier in the week. After a night of building them back up followed by sealing I'm pretty happy with the results.

29E3BFD9-BEBB-4D53-984A-7B85ECADA529_zps

My tyres are getting fitted tomorrow, decided to go with a little bit of stretch with 165/50! Can't wait to see what they look like on the car now.

Thanks for looking

Today was the first show of the season and my first ever show in my own car. It was spring dubs in harrogate I was on the FittedUk stand and had a blast. Here's a pics from today.

image_zps5980869f.jpg

image_zpsd11e6f6a.jpg

0A383B35-B98A-48F7-86CA-B82A3A0C0625_zps

I plan on spacing the back out a little bit, hopefully before ultimate dubs!

Cheers James

• Like 1

So just before ultimate dubs I seem to have a leaking split :-( It seemed fine over the past week I've been checking the pressure every morning but suddenly went flat during the day! Unfortunately that means the bbs will be staying at home.

• 1 month later...

Not posted on here for a while but I've been having a problem with one of my wheels not holding air. I've fully stripped it down, cleaned and re-sealed so hopefully it will hold. I'm going to elscar mega meet a week Monday so fingers crossed it will be all sorted for then.

Cheers james