Temp guage, replaced blue sensor

jamieirish

GSF seem to bring up two temp sensors for my car (put reg in) blue which I replaced and then this one

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x22/dadude01/Mobile%20Uploads/EC6D6FA2-5747-403F-9837-C8FD6409B3E1.png

Where is that located because the second hole next to the blue one is blanked off

ive just recently changed my temp sensor and noticed the blanked off valve, me and my dad just assumed it would be for higher spec models with A/C or something along those lines

This is what I'm talking about

Two ports left is blanked off and right has the blue sensor I replaced

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x22/dadude01/Mobile%20Uploads/E371FBC2-70BF-45FE-8646-F9E257B9F637.jpg

There seems to be a sensor in the radiator which has wires to the fan and to the main loom, could it possibly be that one that feeds the dash information as well as the fan and the blue one in the thermostats just feeds the ECU?

If you can get hold of vagcom you can read the temp off th ECU, see if its getting any feed at all, to see if the gauge is dead rather than the sensor

surely if the temp sensor feed to the ECU was dead, the car would be all over the place?

It will have a default setting that will let it run, just not at optimal performance/efficiency

I'm not sure if it would illuminate an engine check light if it didn't detect a signal from the sensor but the lack of post on here about it would suggest it doesn't.