Tigz Loop

Tigz™

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(KidDub)
Love the car mate looks preety awesome what exhaust are you getting are you going for the traditional center exit or left hand side  :sigh:

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Im not saying too much mate, but it wont be either. That is if it every comes sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

It'll be diffrent, and it'll be loud, but thats all im saying.

If it doesnt come, it looks like i'll have to take her to Ascar and get one built, possablly look at something R32 style.

QUOTE(Tigz)
Well cant wait to hear its back on the road mate, ya know I love that lickle car of yours mate.

same here lad, this walking ***** anit on wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I still have it, ill make plans in Feb -

few things on my mind -

1st is to do this with a TDI

Bora%20Front.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Bora%20Web3.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

with them wheels, just think that car looks the classs....

on the other hand, a Lupo 16V.

QUOTE(Tigz)
I had an idea for it  ;)

so do i lad, but ppl just laugh at it, and i dont blame them its a 999cc car... it does feck all ... !!

thou coilovers and around town, ill take anyone on :devil: biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Heres an updated Readers rides for the Mighty 1 litre 56.8bhp DSC00019.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00015.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00010.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00008.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00002.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00003.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00011.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00021.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00031.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Next Mods

sized2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

sized4.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

First thing that I needed to change was the wheel, as the skinny steel wheels, almost killed us on the first fast bend we took.

Should have thought about it more, but I was in a rush I got these.

Next job was removing the side strips, after seeing the diffrence it made to AlanVW silver 1 litre.

Then I thought a set of the silly Lexus lamps that were around at the time that I thought were a good buy.

Found a set used, talked one of our fitters to collect them and banged them on.

LMAO feck me, I did some silly silly things.

Anyways, by now Im hooked, been bit by the Loop bug and the gilfriend realised, its gonna be a long couple of years lol

Desided I wanted to lower the car but didnt have the cash for coils.

Did the same thing almsot everyone with coilovers now seemed to make, and desided to buy some Eibach -30mm springs and fitted them on some Lupo GTi Shocks, bought of Darren.

Made such a differnce to the ride, not bangy, at all but went round corners how you'd expect a car to.

Shame it wasnt very low, but the Loop is a high rider as standard so getting it anyway near is a tough job without coilovers.

Went to Notts for a CL meet and got talking to Max about an idea for a side exit exhaust. He had already ordered one from Germany.

Later I get the chance to take over his order, as he was going traveling.

Ordered from AAT and waiting..

Max came back, so put in another order..

We waited...

Xmas came...

Valentine came...

My Birthday came...

The side pipe came!!!!

Love this zaust, looks so cool, really diffrent to anything else I had seen, and what a great noise!

Due to the sub frying a new one was on the cards.

Callled Mr Singe about a RE sub Id been reading about.

He told me he had an end of the line Crystal cmp 12" sub that he wants rid of. We did a deal, and a 3 days later my baby arrived.

Cant describe how good a sub this is.

600wrms from my Alpine MRV1001r just wasnt enough, it was clipping way too soon. New amp had to be ordered.

Sold the Alpines.

feck.

Wheres the smoke coming from????

Desided the Loop just wasnt Low enough so knew coilovers would be needed.

But the lack of Driveshaft clearnance had to be addressed first.

FK Konigsport were ordered and wound all the way down.

Sat her -110mm all round.

Also desided tinted headlamps would be a good adition, still gotta get hold of some indicators, but Im too tight to buy new so Im holding out for some used.

As I change my mind pretty quickly, wanted to see if I liked the badgeless grill before welding the bonnet.

Not being lazy if thats what ya thinking tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

After almost 7 months of service, the old side pipe, was dead so thought its ready for a change.

Luckly for me Ginger John was selling a Jetex Centre exit system, that had come off his one litre, a road trip was arranged, and the new pipe fitted biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Looks good Tigz But how do you manage to get in cos you bloomin tall . I take it you have no front seat out and sit on the rear bench (like hightower in police accademy taking a driving lesson) LOL biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Looks good from how its started

Hello mate love the car

what was it like fitting the GTi shocks was it easy or a complete nightmare

tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(KidDub)
Hello mate love the car  

what was it like fitting the GTi shocks was it easy or a complete nightmare  

tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

The rears were a piece of piss, the hardest thing was getting to the struts in the boot.

The fronts however were a nightmare.

Id took the car into our workshop at work at 7pm and didnt get off home till 1am!

Worth it though, a lot better than standard.

Well it was untill I thrown all that mdf and fibre glass into the boot. Now its messed up all the set up Im gonna have to buy coil overs. The front end lifts up with all the weight.