Tigz Loop

Tigz™

Thought Id post a few pics of my project thats caused me going without the car since May last year!

I bought the car new two years previously as a run around for the wife, stole it off her a month or two later gallery_255_7_40290.jpg

Within a couple of weeks Id nearly died due to the silly little wheels, so while she was on holiday I bought a set of wheels, not really as Id thought about it, more that they were in stock and I don't like to wait!

So a set of rims, and Eibach springs later and I was hooked on the car, picked up a GTI interior from a trader at inters, managed to import side exit MK side exit exhaust from Germany which was cool.

Took close to six months to be delivered though!

So the car is now a year old, and I've decided to sell my amps, and buy a monster amp.

Made £200 for the amps, delivered them and forgot to connect the power cable back up, you can imagine what happened next.. Car fire.

Stripped out my wiring and took it into VW, took three months but managed to get it under warranty!

Started to get more into the VW style of things, so decided coilovers are needed.

Got speaking to a Clifford who told me about the problem Lupos have when lowered, the drive shaft hits the chassis.

Good thing was he told me how to get around it.

So ordered the coilovers on the Friday and paid for Saturday delivery.

Then got into the workshop at work, with a plasma cutter, grinder and a MIG and set about cutting a hole in my eighteen month old chassis leg!

Two hour later the half pipe was welded in place and the car was dropped -120mm all round.

DSC00031.JPG

Side pipe now rubbed on every traffic island though so replaced it with a Jetex Centre exit.

gallery_255_7_345998.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

The same chap who told me about what to do with the chassis bought a house, and found three BBS rims in the garden shed.

He asked me if I wanted them, so after collecting them from Peterbough I spent the next few months looking for a single rim to finish the set.

Nearly gave up but found a brand new one, in the original box on ebay, and paid £2.99!

maltby1.jpg

This is how it looks at the moment

lupo003.jpg

Thats about it for tonight, will write about the engine conversion another time.

Spec List

14" BBS ra 433.

Chassis Chopped for drive shaft clerance

FK Konigsport coilovers - Once again lowered -120mm

Lupo GTi Anti roll bar

256mm brake upgrade

Lupo GTi interior

Jetex Centre exit twin pipe system

Home Tinted headlamps.

Tints

Alpine 7893R mp3 Stolen

Phoenix Gold OCTANE-R 4.0:2 125wrms x 2

RE xxx Mids

'Dan built' Passive crossovers

Horn Tweeters

Rockford 801s 800wrs Amp

Crystal cmp 12"

0 AWG Cableing

Deep Cycling battery

Mods in progress

1.6 16v Polo engine transplant and Throttle bodies

Couple of intresting threads

The 1.0 0-60mph sprint!

Car Fire

PVW Readers Rides

Edited by Tigz

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

club lupo sunstrip??? please advise biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Get rid of the bumper bars on the side, get some 40mil lowering springs, reiger front bumper and splitter and any nice looking 15" alloys, even kayalamis (reasonably cheap) and you got yerself a 100%, non laugh at, street cruiser

Although I still get laughed at .. I dont give a f*ck , its jealousy mate.. I love my baby

yep, ignore them. You had the sense to not follow the usual saxo/corsa route and buy yourself a decent motor!

As for the mods, they're all standard at some point. You've found your way onto the best place for help and advice.

Shopping trolley it wont be....let the mods begin biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

The sunstrip Ive had to get made by a grafix company, ****s have had my cash for two weeks and it still aint done!

Ive only had her a month so mods are few but so far fitted sum 15in fox 6 evos gotta get it lowered yet, trying to get hold of sum height ajustable shocks n springs (any one recomend any?) inside ive fitted 2 blue 12inch neons. Sound wise, ive got my old jvc head unit (not for long its green! blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ) connected to standed front speakers at the front, and a 8 Sony sub in the glove box...I meen boot! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

And yeah, defenatly jeliousy!!!

the glove box...I meen boot!

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

H&R coilovers, height adjustable, fixed damping/rebound, Lupo `non-GTi`

p/n `29479-1`

Well, you've had it for a month without it being modded, i've lasted 2 and 1/2 years biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> but this summer it had to be tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />p

Car looks good, and you could end up with an amazing car, Alan VW's car looked exactly like yours when he first showed it in here, you better have a look and find how his looks like now, AMAZING!!

As for people laughing, yeah, its jealousy, you will also get all the boy racers wanting to have a go with yer car.

Anyway mate if you ever need any help or advice, just ask, we'll all be more than happy to help you smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Welcome biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Good car to start on mate, like has been mentioned better than the `Tin-Foil` like 106 or Saxo.

The good thing with Lupo's is, it doesnt take too much to get them looking a bit different from all the old ladies shopping trollys!! :thumbs:

Keep us posted with updates, I have only just started modding my Loop (just fitted Arosa lights) Im gonna keep a modding diary on here, you should too!

Well i've just been to Halfords for sum tar remover, gonna grab the burds hair dryer and pull off them bump strips. Im at my old mans trying to talk him into borrowing me his digi camera but he aint having any of it!!

mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> Just called into work to find me mates been out and bought a couple of blue neons! He says it isnt copying cos he told me where to get mine from!!!

As soon as I steal the camera i'll upload what I done...

Can you fu#*ing belive it!

I nicked his camera, washed the car, found a good spot, took some bad ass pics... then realised I never nicked the isp lead!!!

Back to begging I think...

sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Get rid of the bumper bars on the side

After pulling off them bars and seeing the mess they'd left I was curseing ya.. but now.. I cant stop looking at her!

What a diffrence, it looks like another car, gotta be 1 of my best mods to date and for £4.50 for the tar remover and a couple of hours of hard graft I cant see why theres still rub strips still up and down the country!!!

Just gonna take some pics, so i'll upload them while im at work today.

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

MVC_001F.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

MVC_002F.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

MVC_003F.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

MVC_006F.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

MVC_004F.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

??? I know, i'll have to park at far end of car parks where no one wants to park from now on!!

Im on the look out for some lexus rear lights, ive seen these

lights_1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Anyone one know where these can be found?

Im not a fan at the Arosa, because of the lights, so I dont wanna go down that route. Or does anyone know of any other type of light I could go for?