Please Help - Suspension

Hey,

I have a 1999 1.4 Lupo.

The only problem is the suspension, when going around corners the passenger side leans a lot!

Its bad going around roundabouts and corners. Due to this my car seems to spin in the rain.

As much as I love my car this is making me nervous when driving.

Any help would be great :)

Thank you

Hey,

I have a 1999 1.4 Lupo.

The only problem is the suspension, when going around corners the passenger side leans a lot!

Its bad going around roundabouts and corners. Due to this my car seems to spin in the rain.

As much as I love my car this is making me nervous when driving.

Any help would be great :)

Thank you

Loosing grip in the rain isn't really due to suspension, I'd be looking more at your tyres/pressures/driving style. Wider wheels will provide more grip but if your car isn't set up properly booting around a bend in the wet will not end well. Stiffer suspension will eliminate body roll but will not stop you spinning out, you're either going far too fast into bends or have budget tyres with poor grip.

If your that fussed about handling look into the whiteline ARB and a decent set of coilovers (Fk Highsports, KW V1 etc)

Lupos do tend to have lot of body roll, however the compliant suspension should provide plenty enough grip.

As mentioned, what tyres do you have? What make/model and are they the same on all corners?

I imagine you are lifting off the power when it starts to lean, which compounded by crap tyres is causing the rear to step out.

Hey,

I ve been to a garage that I trust and he couldn't find anything that was wrong but he said it wasn't right.

I ve had shock absorbers and springs changes on the front and back. I ve always had the same tyres on the car which have caused no problem and in good nick :) the tyre pressures are all the same.

Its only been in the last few months that its started to lean a lot when cornering or going around roundabouts. Before that it was always sturdy

you haven't bent a tie rod, have you? it's quite easy to do and would most definitely cause tracking problems on turn in. of course this would be more noticeable in the wet. worth a look

• Like 1

you haven't bent a tie rod, have you? it's quite easy to do and would most definitely cause tracking problems on turn in. of course this would be more noticeable in the wet. worth a look

Thank you :) I will have a look and then get back to you :)

Does sound like some sort of tracking problem, probably mixed with narrow tyres and greasy wet roads

Hey, I have big tyres on my car, so nothing to do with small ones. But must be something with tracking or tie rod

it has to be said that big tyres/ small car does significantly reduce the tyre contact pressure.

• 3 weeks later...