Rear panel speakers??

All GTIs have rear speakers and an audio mesh panel on the rear doorcards.

Some non GTIs have the holes there for the mid and tweeter. Pull off your door card and have a look.

In my GTI, I've fitted some JBL 6.5'' speakers and the tweeters are the oe ones. You can't fit coaxial speakers behind the rear panel as the tweeters stick out too much.

The main speakers fitted by VW have odd fixings, so I had to make an adaptor ring out of mdf to get them to fit. I've never found any adaptors from anywhere that will help in the rear on a lupo, as only the gti comes with them from the factory. I was toying with the idea of fitting some slightly smaller (5 1/4'') in the back so that I could make a better adaptor ring that sealed better, but I can't be bothered at the moment!

• Like 1

The adaptor ring I made is because the factory speakers have 'ears' where they screw into the panel, so I had to make them fit.

post-795-0-14221100-1381443933_thumb.jpg

In my GTI, I've fitted some JBL 6.5'' speakers and the tweeters are the oe ones. You can't fit coaxial speakers behind the rear panel as the tweeters stick out too much.

The main speakers fitted by VW have odd fixings, so I had to make an adaptor ring out of mdf to get them to fit. I've never found any adaptors from anywhere that will help in the rear on a lupo, as only the gti comes with them from the factory. I was toying with the idea of fitting some slightly smaller (5 1/4'') in the back so that I could make a better adaptor ring that sealed better, but I can't be bothered at the moment!

You can fit Coaxials :)

IMG_0589.jpg

Nice work! I tried to fit some Alpine co-ax's in there, maybe their tweeters stuck out too far....

I can imagine if you used adapter rings (like most do for the front speakers) then they wouldnt :)

Nice work mate! what brand are they?

Alpine Type R 16.5 cm coaxials (or two way if your prefer)