I want to convert my 1.0 to a 1.4

JadesLennyLupo1

Hey I have a 1.0 lupo W reg my engine is coded AER, I want to convert it to a 1.4 engine, can anyone give me a rough idea what parts I need to change to complete this convention, like wiring changes, loom, Ecu, breaks ect.

Please please help! And no I don't wana sell up and buy a 1.4 I love my green pea to much !

Step 1. Buy a 1.4, then take the engine out..

Step 2. Stick it in your 1.0

Step 3. Scratch your head and wonder why you didn't just buy a 1.4

Far too much money and effort would be required. If you want a 1.4, honestly just buy a 1.4

Edited by Arosa.Al

Because I am highly attached to the lupo I already own! It was my dream car the only car I wanted and want now, so no I don't wanna sell it I will go my own way of things and do a conversion, don't leave answers that I've pacifically already stated that I don't want a different car, thanks anyway.

To be honest, you will spend a lot of money for little gain. whilst the 1.4 is 5 seconds faster to 60, it's still 11 sec's plus and the top speed is not much different either.

I would recommend just living with it and appreciating it for what it is; or if you must do a conversion do a Sport conversion.

I had a 1.0 Arosa for years and it coped with everything I threw at it; including fully loaded with a roof box and camping kit for 2 and a 35kg dog over the highest public road in Britain.

3675773765_fc0147ffcd_o.jpg

50bhp, fully loaded at 670m by Ray Crabb, on Flickr

Find someone competent and cheap locally who is willing to do a reshell.

Buy a 1.4 & get it done for a worked out fee allowing them to keep the 1.4 shell and the 1.0 crap.

If you were local and jailbaity enough I would probably have done it.