hello everybody

T5OPY

hey guys, new to the site. im currently in australia but just had a lupo gti delievered to my home today back in wales. looking forward to when i get home to start playing round with it. coilovers and bbs rs the start. then think about bhp, keep all standard parts as these are get move rare.

If you dont want to molest it too much, but want to see a little gains, a nice BMC and a manifold couple to a stainless system would be a good start!

TBH, focus on the handling, i cannot reccomend a Whiteline rear ARB enough. Also, KW coilies, dont go for cheap, you'll regret it eventually.

Ok mate great cheers for the tips. I'll start shopping around so it's all there wen I get bk.

With the coilivers there's a second hand set on eBay, not that old of a tdi tho 300.. What you think? Or just get new?

Plus that guy selling them as "tdi" I'm pretty sure the springs are the normal springs and no different as kw sell them as a kit for the car regardless of the engine within :P so it's designed for the 6n chassis rather than the engine type :) sadly they won't fit your GTI :3

Can't use the tdi ones as the chassis is different from the GTI too the tdi :P the GTI has a 6x chassis and the others have a 6n I believe

Don't be a smart arse, no one likes a smart arse.

They will fit fine. Despite the different chassis code...

• Like 1

I wasn't being a smart arse. I was just letting him know that from what I know, they won't fit..

What's different in the chassis then? I thought it was suspension and gearbox components that were different on the gti?

And i do have some doubt also as to how different coilovers are from each other when they list them for 1.0, sport, tdi, gti etc.

Do they really go out of their way to change the product for the sake of say 30kgs kerb weight.

(this is probably the case with brands like TA technix, i doubt their gti and non gti coil overs are different at all)