Leather used for wrapping

Skezza

That looks good!

Lol Joe, I know it looks good, that's why I'm wondering what people use for doing it :P

I'm stuck between leather and alcantara. I like alcantara but it might look a bit barry in a Lupo, so I'm probably going with leather... advice :P ?

The leather for my bOot build I got from a fabric store near me. Just use google to find a place near you :) I was gonna use real lear but got talked out of it and tbh it looks pretty awesome especially when you consider the price I paid :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/d-c-fix-High-Quality-Leather-black-self-adhesive-fablon-450mm-m-NEW-/161064874167?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item258036f0b7

My friend recommended me this (first link I placed). I asked about the fact it's self-adhesive as opposed to glue, and he seems to think so long as you do it nice and even, on a non-fabric surface and stretch it when pulling it round corners, you'll get quite a nice seal and you shouldn't get warping in the summer. He also said you could add a teeny bit of trim glue on the wrap rounds just to finish it but he thinks once it's on it isn't going anywhere. It's cheap enough, but I want to know if it looks nice and I can't tell from the terrible image. The guy who sells it has offered to send me a free sample though, so I guess I could go for that.

Me is pondering :)

Edited by Skezza