Tyre sizes

Hi guys,

got myself some 15" wheels yaay! Came with 195 45 15 a the front and look awesome and 205 55 15 for the back which look like they straight off a monster truck and scrape :-(.

Now my car isn't used to rag about its mainly for comfort etc. So do you think 195 50 15 will be noticeably more comfortable than 195 50 15 and will they even fit? Also does anyone run 195 50 15 as I dont want it to looks silly either.

Thanks for the help as always.

When I first changed my tyres on the GTI it was wearing 205\45. I changed the front for 195\45 and then a couple of months later changed the backs.

Know what? I never noticed the difference.

I also have 215\40\17 up front on the Dune and 214\45\17 on the rear, as I needed four tyres at the same time and got the rears for a good price with about 3k on them.

Again, can't say I notice a difference in the comfort stakes.

If you are low or planning to go low, I would put 195\45 all round.

Cheers guys.

That was my thinking dead metal as it will keep it 100% in spec. But 195 50 will be 3% off but its no big deal tbh. The 195 45's look good and ive ordered 2 but next time I might just order 195 50's and see how they look since they are a good bit cheaper.

With regards to comfort thats good to know thanks. Im not lowering at all since I want to keep it high and bouncy lol.

If you're not lowering 195/50/15 will be fine, I had them on the S for a while & got minor inner arch scrubbage at the front only when reversing on full lock. Good balance between comfort & handling too.