A couple of q's I need answered!

NornIron

OK, I've picked up a straight but scruffy E SDI for rejuvenation, which will eventually become the first car for my daughter. The E SDI was chosen for its' £30 a year road tax, eleventy billion miles-to-the-gallon economy and total lack of luxuries (also known as potential problems).

I like to keep things OEM+, so I do have a couple of questions to which I hope you guys can provide clear answers!

Firstly, I do like the feel of leather on my palms and I read somewhere that MkIV Golf steering wheels fit the Lupo splines... is this correct and are there any other VW range wheels which are a straight replacement?

Secondly, I know the GTi came fitted with rear speakers behind the side trims... and I also have a Gamma headunit and CD spare in my garage. Is there an additional loom needed to connect the rear speakers... I know nothing about audio electrics!

For your trouble have a pic of my other mini-Dub:

Betsy210806001.jpg

Cheers :)

As the "manboy" says above, but note the GTI has speaker mesh in the rear cards.

Not sure about the steering wheel, but I'm sure someone will be along.

The speaker wiring isn't already there to begin with. Not on a pov spec anyway. I think it might be on any S, perhaps? Maybe? **** knows, I'm sure someone said it was lol.

No idea about the Golf steering wheel, but someone told me that a VW MF steering wheel fits :o Now that would be sweet!! :D

Good choice on the SDI by the way. You'll be impressed with the fuel economy I assure you. Even when you thrash it, it's quite hard to get lower than sort of 60 MPG lol.

Edited by Skezza