Alreet?!

NEMR89

Alright lads n lasses, new member from Newcastle here (Matt)

Always loved Lupos but have yet to pass my test, hopefully all being well I will be legal in the next month or so and plan on getting myself either a 1.4 S or Sport.. Insurance isn't too bad (£600 ish) as I'm 23. Incidently, I remember when I was 17 getting quotes on Saxo's (used to be obsessed with vtr/s and west coasts :D) of £2500 a year! :o

I just love the styling of the lupo, even standard I think they look mint and they look like little go-karts! Can't wait to drive one tbh.

Been browsing through some build threads etc (spent alot of yesterday reading Emz' Arosa thread) and it had given me so much inspiration.

anyway was wondering if any of you could give me some advice on what to look out for when buying one, tbh there doesn't seem to be many for sale round these parts atm, looked on autotrader etc and theres some nice looking sports but 85 miles away, low mileage for the age!

Finally would you say the 1.4 100bhp would be a good first car? I would say I'm a competent driver, done alot of driving over the years (had a moped for 2 years when I was a nipper, so I know how the roads work and what to expect.

Cheers all :wave:

welcome mate :wave:

1.4 sport would be an awesome first car, they are nippy and will drive sweet,

i wish i could have afforded the insurance of one, i had to settle for the 1.0, got an arosa too because i prefer the front end (my opinion)

you wont regret getting one, everything that you do to them mod wise is simple, can make them look awesome without spending crazy money on it :)

i had the same problem when i was looking for a car, they all seemed to be miles away! i got mine from Manchester 60 miles away from where i live, just look literally everyday on pistonheads, auto trader, gumtree, eBay and in the new classifieds on here

good luck :)

welcome mate :wave:

1.4 sport would be an awesome first car, they are nippy and will drive sweet,

i wish i could have afforded the insurance of one, i had to settle for the 1.0, got an arosa too because i prefer the front end (my opinion)

you wont regret getting one, everything that you do to them mod wise is simple, can make them look awesome without spending crazy money on it :)

i had the same problem when i was looking for a car, they all seemed to be miles away! i got mine from Manchester 60 miles away from where i live, just look literally everyday on pistonheads, auto trader, gumtree, eBay and in the new classifieds on here

good luck :)

Agreeing with the above comment, I had to travel 240 miles for mine!! But when you find a goodun they're so worth it!!

You may have to wait for a comment from the more experienced lupers on here, cause in honesty I don't know what to look for on these, as far as I'm concerned they're well built cars that have little going wrong with them....

Tho I have noticed loads of people saying about the engine management light coming on for no reason....and that the doors creak and moan, tho thats an easily sorted problem...

Hope that this is of even a little help.

x

Hello marra cheers for the welcome :yes:

I like the Arosa too but slightly perfer the lupo front end like you say personal preference ;)

Just out of curiosity mate did your premiums go up much when you declared your mods? I did a trial run on compare the market; declared wheels, suspension changes, full bodykit, spoiler, air filter and modified exhaust system and the premium only went up by £200.00... not nearly as much as I was expecting :clap:

Agreeing with the above comment, I had to travel 240 miles for mine!! But when you find a goodun they're so worth it!!

You may have to wait for a comment from the more experienced lupers on here, cause in honesty I don't know what to look for on these, as far as I'm concerned they're well built cars that have little going wrong with them....

Tho I have noticed loads of people saying about the engine management light coming on for no reason....and that the doors creak and moan, tho thats an easily sorted problem...

Hope that this is of even a little help.

x

Hey Gem,

Thanks for the reply, its reassuring to know other people had trouble finding one close to home :D

I see your driving a 1.4 16v, is that the 75bhp engine? I'm slightly confused about the difference between the S and 'Sport' models :S

Hey Gem,

Thanks for the reply, its reassuring to know other people had trouble finding one close to home :D

I see your driving a 1.4 16v, is that the 75bhp engine? I'm slightly confused about the difference between the S and 'Sport' models :S

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/93628-what-is-different-on-the-100-bhp-lupo-and-the-75bhp-lupo/?hl=100bhp#entry1086586

This is a good thread to read, it seems to outline the basics, but you learn on here not to set up a post asking about it!! lol

yea mine is a 75bhp, and she has a little bit of umppphhh behind her too for such a small amount lol

Hope that that too is of some help to you :)

Its all alot to learn an take in isn't it? Hahaa....I've got shed loads to learn....

xx

That's ok, I hope it clears things up a wee bit for you!!! All in all welcome to Club Lupo, I hope you enjoy an get all the support and help you need :) and enjoy your lupo, they're a car to truly be proud of :D

There are loads of threads on here on odd bobs and sods, and some of the builds, well most of the builds on here are awesome, so take a look thru, I can assure you that you won't be disappointed!!

And us ammitures will get there in the end, everyone else started where we are!! :)

X

Cracking first car choice! Like you said, cause you're 23 the insurance won't be bad! If you can get it that cheap (£600) I'd say go for a sport without a doubt! I'd love one but I can't afford insurance, shame really.

Good luck finding a goodun, and once you do... PICS! x

Yo Vinny, I was pretty shocked at how cheap it was.. i did put my old man and mam on as named drivers like, probably brought it down a bit.

will definetly get some pics hoyed up when I finally get my baby ;)

Yo Vinny, I was pretty shocked at how cheap it was.. i did put my old man and mam on as named drivers like, probably brought it down a bit.

Aye it will do, skills.

looking at this sexy little thang:

http://www.motors.co.uk/VehicleDetailsView.aspx?carid=32117023&imageNo=1

Only problem is its 200 mile away :/

Looks in decent nick, although i noticed some damage to the driver side skirting.

Like the colour and mileage seems decent for a 10 year old car.

What you's reckon? potential problems arising from the 400 mile round trip to the dealer if something goes wrong? :surprise:

Take the risk!! I did....mine was just over a 400 mile round trip, and obvs mine was worth it!! You gotta give these things a crack!

x

I think she looks pukka!!!!

She looks all round tidy!!

You may be experienced in buying cars, I dunno, but as a mechanics daughter I'm more than picky when going to see one cause I know what condition they should be in....

Leave the car running for ten or so minutes, ask to take a test drive if possible, check the oil, brakes, tyres, water, lights, hazards, and as silly as it is, the windscreen wipers and the washers.....

Those are the basics, and I hate to think of someone getting ripped off when buying a car....take your time and do the checks!

God I sound like a right patronizing an bossy cow!! lol

:) Seriously I'd go for it, optimism is the way forward, you never get anywhere without taking a risk, chance or having a bit of hope :D

xx

I really appreciate the advice, safe to say i have absolutely ZERO experience buying cars, but my old man has plenty and i would be taking him with me. He has a good amount of mechanical knowledge some of which he has passed down to me just from seeing him fixing cars etc...

Thats good :) can't be having a soon to be fellow luper getting mugged off!!

Lemme know what goes down an if you get her or not!

:)

xx

Really?? :/

Oh dear.....well make sure you get to see all service history, and make sure you or your Dad can test drive it to see how it sounds, if all is well and ok, it seems maybe it would be a bright idea to have some money placed aside just incase it goes on ya :)

xx

Hallaw mate! Welcome! I'm from newcastle too :) I was after a lupo for ages, but at you say there isn't many around up here. I ended up going to Bradford for mine and it was well worth it! I've just got a 1.4s 16v (75 bhp) and it does the job. Proper fun little car I love her lol

Hello mate! I think i'm gonna give up on a sport and go for the 1.4s 16v like yours, just gotta keep lookin i suppose one is bound to show up eventually :thumbsup:

Yeah I was in the same boat wanting a sport. But the cheaper ones were on really high mileage so I settled for my 1.4s with 71k for £900! Just be patient and be prepared to travel a little. Where abouts in the north east you from?