Time of year again

Crusoe

£10k for a one owner 70 yr old doctor who traded in for a easier to get into CRV after 8 years and 30k miles. Hardly a stone chip and a perfect service history.

Pick up later in the week hopefully, photos in google cashe from the dealer site.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?hl=en-GB&q=cache:aUlAYgE_eEUJ:http://usedcars.honda.co.uk/S2000/2.0i-VTEC-Roadster/Dundee/3032468-602791512-217237.aspx%3Fsrcmdc%3Dse_na_re_%2Bsp55HKC&gbv=2&gs_l=heirloom-hp.3...1157.5032.0.5360.7.5.0.2.2.0.125.564.1j4.5.0...0.0...1ac.1.12.heirloom-hp.HH-D8qzGJV8&ct=clnk

Edited by Crusoe

Insurance (£358 not bad, one good thing about getting old) and tax all sorted, passed its MOT today with no issues and pick up at 3pm. Prepare for it to tip down with rain later...

Edited by Crusoe
  • Like 1

One of my neighbours has just parked an 0'08 plate Dodge Challenger SRT8 on his drive.

Burble, burble, burble...

Like this only with black wheels.

Dodge_Challenger_SRT8_1600x1200_Wallpape

One of my neighbours has just parked an 0'08 plate Dodge Challenger SRT8 on his drive.

Burble, burble, burble...

Like this only with black wheels.

Dodge_Challenger_SRT8_1600x1200_Wallpape

Youre made up with your neighbours new car arent you? Stick your dick in the exhaust ray, you know you want to, im sure he wont mind :)

Which exhaust? And I grew up in the '60s and '70s, so a muscle car is my boyhood dream.

I'm sure Mr Crusoe would appreciate the addition to the thread.

You can get a new shape mustang pretty cheap Ray if you fancy some v8 rumble. Trade in that silly polo offroader :D

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ford/mustang/ford-mustang-gt-2005/1322776

Car collected, back at work now though.

8725342095_2681ae44e4_b.jpg
S2000 by Crusoes, on Flickr

• 1 month later...

Bit of a topic bump.

Did you drive a (non-M) Z4? I like the S2000, but the lack of all-or-nothing in my ITR drove me insane, and going back to that (after a string torquey V8's and V6's) doesn't really appeal. A 2.5/3.0 Z4, on the other hand, might be a good alternative?

Yeah Matty, i had a 3lr z4 for a year or so before I swapped it for a M3. Nice enough but the ride is very firm and the steering isn't very nice, more cruiser than sports car, the Z4M is great fun though.

how is the vxr8 going?

Can't afford a Z4M at the moment :P I'm guessing your Z4 had the sports suspension option? If so, I have been told that's best avoided...

Sold the VXR8 to free up some funds for a house move. Loved car, bit of a lardy beast but never tired of the V8 noise and torque; 16mpg stung a bit, and they cost a fortune to own; servicing is cheap and they're as simple as cars get, but parts costs are insane - mine looked like it needed a new gearbox soon, that was £3k plus the clutch at £800. Rear diff is £2.5k, bumpers are £2k (new), side skirts are £800 each....I never had a service that was less than £600 (£400 to change a rear wheel bearing!!!!!). Managed to get two punctures (!) and the tyres were £1200 a set...

Glad I owned it, and I really enjoyed my time with it - but can't see me owning another as I don't think the running costs are justified against the marque or the build quality. Definately need another V8 RWD soon...just a shame options are so limited.

Same with the M5, got about 20 average from mine but good ones around £5k now and probably start increasing in value if well maintained so you might not mind throwing some larger bills at it. Get a engine strip down and shells replaced etc. around 100k and you could easily do another 100k miles. Not as ruinous as the vxr8 by the sound of it though a few thousand a year to keep it nice is about what i would expect to need.

Run flats and sports suspension best avoided on z4 yes, great on smooth roads but not many of those about. Ditching the run flats made it a bit better but could still get a bit skippy and make you back off.

Edited by Crusoe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's just the VTEC switch I never got my head around - I understand the principle, but for 90% of the time on the day-to-day you're only using upto 4000rpm so I'd rather have a nice, torquey V6/V8 to hussle around in.

That being said though, when you really get a chance to use it, it is something special; I remember driving back from Reading to the Midlands in my ITR, it was late so roads were empty and I don't think I ever dropped out of VTEC. Chassis on the ITR is exceptional and very friendly, so you can take a lot of liberties.

At the moment though...I've got my eye on Caterhams. I need to know what the fuss is about....

Not sure if you get them down south but plent of places up here will let you rent a caterham for a weekend, great if you get decent weather. Nice quiet roads up here so no issues with lack of vtec engagement :)

Roadsport 300 more performance than you would ever need and so much road to play with when the car only takes up half the lane width. Trying to get my brother to buy one and keep it in his garage so I can borrow it :)

• 1 year later...