Coilovers questions

Joeyfinneran

My girlfriend will be getting a lupo in the next few weeks and with will be lowered and bbsrs over them

But im looking at many different coilovers and im wondering about brands

Im between JOM or v-maxx

I know v-maxx are a good brand as iv heard very good reviews from mates and there cars

But never heard anything good or bad about jom ones

Just wondering as theres a big price difference

And other question can fog grilles conversion be got like other cars or does a fogs bumper have to get got and sprayed ?

£1000 + wheels, £500 on smoothing and then the cheapest bottom of the range coilovers you can buy, priceless

• Like 1

£1000 + wheels, £500 on smoothing and then the cheapest bottom of the range coilovers you can buy, priceless

Depending on how low you are planning on going does it really matter? I would only go for high end coilies if i was planning on havin it at a sensible height. If i was going stupid low then i'd probably just get budgets tbh.

Working on that theory though why doesn't the OP just run RS reps, I mean they aren't going racing or anything so might as well just use the inferior product !

Real bbs RS !!!!!!!

They are best part of £1 to £1.5k that's alot of coin on a set of wheels to put on your gfs car, she must repay you in regular bum sex for those wheels

• Like 1

Oh genuine RS will be bought from fkperfromance here in ireland 4x100 15x7 with tyres will be 550. If there ever sold again genuine bbs will hold there value better. Only thing is she wants the bolts pink :/

Shes buying everything but the coilovers. Ill get them and fit for nothing. If its cheap ill probaby en up getting insured on it ;)

If FK were selling original BBS RS for that money, they would have to double up the ferries from Europe.

When you get them, please do not make the mistake of running BBS centres as it will offend some and be found hilarious by others.

Put VW centres on if you have to change them to anything and now you have answered the query about her wheel, just go for the cheapest coilovers.

And just to clear up any confusion the wheel you are looking at are inferior replica at a much cheaper wheel and tyre package price

Probably made by dare or dotz or some other cheaper maker

My girlfriend will be getting a lupo in the next few weeks and with will be lowered and bbsrs over them...

Oh genuine RS will be bought from fkperfromance...

Rep's are fine as long as you don't refer or badge them them as genuine BBS.

As stated, nearly all the budget yellow coilovers are made in the same factory, just rebranded, so go for the cheapest.

They will do you fine as long as you are not expecting serious perfomance upgrades.

Deception is not a good quality.

It's a problem of society that people seem to want expensive quality items but if they can't afford them they are not willing to go that extra mile and make the money to be able to, they would rather go get some cheap copies and then make them look like the real thing and deceive people.

Reps are fine and dandy for what they are, a cheaper version made to be in the style of something popular, style being the main point.

Actually I'm all for them to a certain extent but you wouldn't go buy a primark coat and then stick a Gucci badge on it to try and fit in, just embrace the warmth and cost effectiveness of the primark.

• Like 3

10 seconds too see if the polished rim is separate from the barrel, or if it's a masked spray line.

Most rep's are obvious from 10 yards though.

This cracks me up man,

Each to there own, and copies are available for those who can't afford the real McCoy.

It doesn't matter how much you chuck at a car at the end of the day as long as ya happy with it and enjoy driving it then thats all what matters.

I've seen expensive builds that look like they fell out of a cereal box and cars done on a budget with the simplest of mods that look way better for pence than pounds, if we were all the same it would be a boring place to live

Happy dubbin ;-)