fancy doing door cards with material, help!

fancy 're-trimming' the door cards, basically i know i need fabric to cover them and probably some spray glue stuff.. anyone got any tips or advice? would like to try and do it tidy first time lol.

Cloth with a bit of stretch is best. Use trimfix to stick it down. Have a search as Pete says & give us a shout if you need any more info. There's some progress pics in my build thread somewhere from when I did mine. It's a pain in the arse but very satisfying when done. Good luck :)

Yeah mate trim fix heat resistant spray adhesive. Just type that into eBay and it'll come up. You'll probably need two or three cans to be safe if you're doing the full interior. Once I'm on a comp I'll post a few threads that give a how to :)

off work today, so just picked up 2mtrs of lovely grey leatherette, just ordered some trimfix off ebay too, so just got to wait for it to turn up now! gonna start with the back cards first i think, in case i poop it up

• Like 1

Don't remove original material . I did with trimfix and the glue lumped up and had nothing to soak into when I reapplied it so now my door card has warts

Karisma recommended taking the material off cos you don't know the condition of the glue on it.

• 3 weeks later...

When I retrimmed I took the material off passenger side and the glue lumped up :( drivers side had no lumps. I either applied to much as the glue had no material to soak into . Also the you vw used was good was so do hard to pull original material off tbh