Paint/stonechip/underseal on the sills,

jamiea7x

have had a search havent seen anything put up

the Paint/stonechip/underseal on my drivers sill the textured part seems to have peeled off i dont know whats happened if its been a poor repair in the past before i owned the car or waters gotten underneath buti have apatch around two palms width now gotten a bit rusty,

im looking to seal it and paint it DIY

im just not sure hwta has been used i dont want to paint it smooth i at least want to try and replicate the texture somehwat so its not too unsightly, my cars fairly low so its not all that visible but it just bugs me, and id rather have it sealed it before it gets any worse.

Fight, if you want an awesome Finnish, you will have to get them all refinished professionally,

but tape off along where the textured part is, and what i would do, get angle grinder and some Flap Pads, take it all back to super clean metal, would also make it really smooth, you will then want to Etch or Zinc Prime the area, either's good, i also recommend using brush on, do like 3 coats and sand smooth, but hopefully not going through to metal, then id recommend a few coats of stone-chip paint (can buy coloured, but if your going to paint over top, use white or silver if you can), i used black on mine and it was a Matte Finnish but is very hardy, then just get it painted in whatever colour you want! if you want to DIY then prime over it and yeah and bobs your proverbial Uncle.

i am becoming pretty good at things like this!

also, cost wise,

Flap disks - 12 for like £7?

etch primer - 2 small tins off ebay £5 each

Cheap brushes - £1 (pound-land)

Stone chip - £7 for a can of the Hammerite stuff.

£24 :)

EDIT- just saw you wanted texture, well with it still masked off, after stone-chip brush on some SEAM-SEALER its like rubber in a can. should hold a nice texture if you do it right, I have not really used the the stuff so cant comment, just paint over the top of seam sealer when its dried and sorta solidified as much as it would

Edited by James827

if you can get hold of a compressor the guns to apply the textured finish arent too expensive, then you can say you did it right