lupo 1.7 sdi IMMO BYPASS (stop solenoid) Help please

lupoguy

Hi fellas,

Big fkin problem, dad used the car a few days ago and has lost the keys (mislaid who knows) HOPEFULLY they'll turn up as he locked the car and came to the house or may be on the lawn etc etc.

Luckily I took the plastic valet key off the fob and kept it in my wallet, however this won't allow the car to run for more than a second because the stop solenoid kicks in (immobiliser)

I know theres a way to bypass the immo by running a live to the stop solenoid (would probably run off headunit ignition cable or similair so I don't have to put a switch in and so it works off ignition) and am going to attempt this shortly as a temporary fix (until keys are found)

Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as to which cable I need to run the live to? Have read things about there being a cover over the solenoid or similair but have also read that you can use an 8mm socket to take the cable off the injector pump and then attach the live to that?

Any help would be much appreciated here gents and I'm not asking you to help me steal a car haha I've got the valet key just need to bypass the immo until I find the keys or sort out a new set

Kind regards and a reply would be very very helpful

Woah, this sound a pretty beasty job. No idea about running a live to the stop solenoid and wouldn't know how. HOWEVER, I thought there was a way using the immobilizer key plus a VAGCOM to disable the immobilizer while you find the old key? I can't remember if VAGCOM or VAG Tacho can do it, but I'm pretty sure one of them can.

Woah, this sound a pretty beasty job. No idea about running a live to the stop solenoid and wouldn't know how. HOWEVER, I thought there was a way using the immobilizer key plus a VAGCOM to disable the immobilizer while you find the old key? I can't remember if VAGCOM or VAG Tacho can do it, but I'm pretty sure one of them can.

Wasn't aware of this I thought vag com could only read the key?

Thanks for reply though and I don't think it's that big a job I saw a thread on here regarding a seat arosa doing the same

any suggestions gents? I ran a low grade cable across to what I thought was the 8mm connection and can hear it clicking open and shut when I touch the cable on and off but when attached (albeit not very well) the car still only ran for a second then cut out.

Will try a thicker cable shortly

get an auto locksmith out to recode a new key or take it to dealers, running wire to stop solenoid will not bypass immobiliser on vw, the ecu still controls the flow of fuel and fuel pump, if it was that easy to bypass it would be a crap anti theft device,

on some cars/vans made by other manufactures you can bypass immob like this but you have to cut the security housing of the back of the pump and possibly bypass starter block if it has one. but not on vws its a lot more complicated than that, trust me easiest option is get new keys,

• Like 1

get an auto locksmith out to recode a new key or take it to dealers, running wire to stop solenoid will not bypass immobiliser on vw, the ecu still controls the flow of fuel and fuel pump, if it was that easy to bypass it would be a crap anti theft device,

on some cars/vans made by other manufactures you can bypass immob like this but you have to cut the security housing of the back of the pump and possibly bypass starter block if it has one. but not on vws its a lot more complicated than that, trust me easiest option is get new keys,

you're right mate It's not working at all, is there any way I can retrieve my SKC code by calling VW or something similair? I'm really in the poo on this one...

Regards

The car should start and run with the plastic key! Else there is no point in giving you one!

the car WONT start with the plastic key, its a spare key to fit in your wallet so if you lose your keys you can still get in the car

they wont give you the code over the phone for obvious reasons, try auto locksmiths first they can scan immobiliser (vagtacho) then code keys, otherwise get it recovered to dealers

Edited by electricracer

That's strange like. Surely without the immobiliser the car will just fire up and then die a second later. with my after market key the chip fell out and rattled around inside the plastic part of the key. The wouldn't start until the chip was wiggle closer to the key. Also, when i used the oem key without the chip in it the engine just died after a second as the engine was cut out.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That's strange like. Surely without the immobiliser the car will just fire up and then die a second later. with my after market key the chip fell out and rattled around inside the plastic part of the key. The wouldn't start until the chip was wiggle closer to the key. Also, when i used the oem key without the chip in it the engine just died after a second as the engine was cut out.

is there a certain distance the chip should be from the ignition? ?