VW T4 Clean up

Lupo-Joe

Afternoon guys,

Here's a write up of a clean I completed this morning. The van in question is a Volkswagen Transporter (T4) Facelift. This van is owned by a local company. The brief was to give it a good going over but not over the top as in a week it would be dirty again. So with this I set to work with a good idea how I was going to tackle this van!

Here are some before pictures:

file-29.jpg

file-30.jpg

file-31.jpg

file-32.jpg

file-34.jpg

The wheels:

Auto Finesse imperial was used at a ratio of 1:7 which was agitated with the use of a valet pro brush, Auto Finesse brush and the very impressive Daytona Wheel Brush. The tyres where tackled with AS G101 and the Auto Finesse brush, and then any last brake dust come off with Iron Out.

file-36.jpg

file-37.jpg

file-38.jpg

Pre Wash:

This pre wash needed to be good otherwise my lovely wash mitt would have been ruined, so i decided to use Citrus Power over a snow foam as I knew this would take more dirty away from selected areas. On with the pictures.

file-39.jpg

file-40.jpg

Wash:

Although this be a daily work van it still got the same treatment as any other vehicle I wash. So I used the two bucket wash method coupled with Auto Glym body shampoo and my favourite wash mitt, the Wookies Fist!

file-42.jpg

file-43.jpg

Tea:

file-44.jpg

Exterior Protection:

The customers budget wasn't massive on this clean so I decided to use a liquid wax which Terry Blackmore had custom made for me. This was based on a nano tech polish, however was enriched with pure T1 white flake carnauba. This would be perfect as it adds shine and protection at the same time! Tyres where dressed with my favourite, Meguiars Endurance Tyre gel (2 Coats), Trims and seals were brought back to life with Auto Finesse Revive. This is a real good product that adds a OE shine, however lasts months not days! I hope to make a video on this product soon. Finally glass was cleaned with Auto Finesse Finale QD.

file-45.jpg

file-46.jpg

file-47.jpg

file-48.jpg

Interior:

I wasnt asked to spend loads of time inside so I decided to give the mats and floor and quick wash with AS G101 whilst the the dash was quick detailed with Auto Finesse Spritz. And a complimentary sweet shop air freshener to make it smell amazing.

file-49.jpg

file-50.jpg

file-51.jpg

Afters and some products used:

Heres some after pictures and a snap of some of the products I used to make this van the way it should be!

file-53.jpg

file-55.jpg

file-54.jpg

file-52.jpg

Any questions feel free to ask and all comments are welcome!

Thanks for your time,

Joe

Awesome write up again mate :thumbsup:

How long would you say the megs tyre gel lasts? Been meaning to get some for a whiley.

Thanks mate, and with megs it will last a good couple of weeks, however I wash my car once a week so gets topped up weekly. Saying that, it is the best out there dude.

Where you based?

I'm in Hertford, about 30 mins north of London.

Lovely work Joe. Is there actually a wash mitt called the Wookies Fist? Cos that's all kinds of awesome.

Edited by Koop