20v question

Weeredarosa

Wee update. Engine problems sorted. Cut a notch out the subframe and a lug off the gearbox. Was excess cast anyway. Shaved another mm off the master cylinder. Sorted. Cheers man. Onwards. Next mission is to fabricate a rear mount. What's the down with the front mount? Can't see a way of running box section from leg to leg as the fan housing and oil filter are in the way?? Hmm!

Edited by Weeredarosa

what gear box are you using and what set up for mounting it ? mine needed a subframe to be customly welded with a dog leg to the gear box also alot of work to the chasis legs

matt

can anyone shed any light on the best way to tackle the front mount? what mount should i be looking to install? mk2 golf etc?

as stated above i cant see a way to mount the mount as there is no way of running box section steel from chassis leg to leg without it hitting the fan housing or oil filter.

Mate It sounds like your making a big deal out ov nothing,right mounting it is simple just cut down the oem mounts and use them on the engine and box,as for the rear mount keep the oem one and just make a extension for it to work wih the 02a box,brake m/s get a ibiza cupra stubby one and then you can mount the lump back insted ov shaving the m/s what's on the car.

Sorted. Cheers for the heads up.

On another note. Got the g60 flywheel and vr6 clutch. The original box that was on was an o2o from a mk2 16v. The sandwitch plate between the block and box doesn't fit the o2a box. Do I need one or will I get away without using one?