Removing valves

Zulley

hmmmm, that looks a bit better then the valve spring compressor i have,

.........is this a serious thread?

sorry i should have said ive already tried a valve spring compressor but the one i have doesnt seem to fit, thought there might be a special vw one

Any decent one will do it, I'm curious as to why you stripped an engine because of a bolt :)

il 2nd that. WHY ???

and i have found that that is the best one to use as others get caught on the head annoying as **** when u got collets dropping out :'(

Edited by SamEdwardSwain1

Any decent one will do it, I'm curious as to why you stripped an engine because of a bolt

:)

It was all going well, everything was loose but the head just wouldnt come off. So i un did everything as i was just getting annoyed with it. Then when everything was undone, i managed to lift it all out but there was a wire going to a plug which i couldnt undo, as i was swearing at that i found one bolt i missed :rant: (see pic) undid that and hey presto it fell apart, head out.

553353_10151232883598391_1335622819_n.jpg

Right under that red circle, theres two bolts, i could only see one of them. thats not my engine.

Its been a fun 3 days, most of the engine is back together again, although i may just buy a cheap 106 or saxo :) and scrap the lupo. sorry.