****ing UK Roads

VolkswagenDan

[rant]

1 week old tyre just been destroyed by a water filled pothole in the pissing rain.

Split side wall. Local tyre place want £55 for a cheap budget one but can't get a matching one... ****.

If it wasn't for the fact I only pay 30 quid a year road tax I'd be kicking off to the council. But I guess 30 quid doesn't fix many pot holes.

What a rubbish start to 2013, changing to a spare in the rain. Ugh.

[/rant]

Ouch, how?!

Oh I see, back wheel dropped into pothole and skirt got caught?

Not entirely sure, hit the pot hole and a massive rock or something was next to it - something along them lines. You can claim against the council but YOU MUST have picture evidence or they will go fill it and say there was no pothole.

• Like 1

Annoying thing is that the UK Government now use road tax as a punishment tax. If they taxed all road users a base of say £200 a year and then punishment tax on top they would be more able to fund the roads and cream their profit too.

I don't mind paying road tax if it goes to supporting the road network and not to support politicians 2nd homes and "dole" scroungers and the like.

Annoying thing is that the UK Government now use road tax as a punishment tax. If they taxed all road users a base of say £200 a year and then punishment tax on top they would be more able to fund the roads and cream their profit too.

I don't mind paying road tax if it goes to supporting the road network and not to support politicians 2nd homes and "dole" scroungers and the like.

• Like 2