Lupo won't start, turns over, help?

Basically I haven't been out in my car since Tuesday, went to start it last night and just wouldn't start, thought it may be no fuel (even though tank read 1/4) so waited until this morning to go get a petrol can and petrol, now the tank is on 1/2 and still not starting, also changed the oil as well, I can hear the fuel pump when turning ignition on as well, has anyone experienced this or knows what this could be? thanks!

Ah sorry i never read the topic title, just the description. But yeah if the car turns over it won't be the battery (unless it turns over slightly and slowly stops).The issue will be fuel or ignition so either spark plugs, coil pack etc. or fuel punp, filter etc. Is the fuel pump being extra loud?

Edited by Pete91

Ok....I know this sounds stupid as you said your tank is half full, but if you're parked up a kerb the petrol might not be getting to the fuel pump....I had this problem with a previous car. Definitely sounds like a fueling issue though.

I think it may be the fuel pump, even though I can hear it from the front, I can't hear it from the back under the backseats (not that I've never noticed it in the back truthfully), do lupo's have fuel cut off switches?

stop using your car!!! NEVER put bigger fuse in

they are a particular size for a reason, if the circuit has a 15a fuse its because that is the weakest link in case of a fault, by putting a bigger fuse in you have just made another part of the circuit the weakest part probably the wiring. if its blowing a 15a fuse you have a major fault fix it before your car catches fire!!!