Rolling Lupo

harreeeee

I owned a Seat Arosa 1.0 a few years ago. I now own a VW Lupo 1.0. I know, im moving up in the world. I thought the Lupo would drive pretty much the same as the Arosa, but the Lupo seems to roll in the corners a lot more than the Arosa. Could this be the slight weight increase? Has anyone else had any experience of this?

Also the Lupo feels slightly more torquey than the Arosa, even though the mileage is the same. The Arosa was a 1999 Mk1 S, and the Lupo is a 2002 1.0E.

You will get better power delivery and bit more torque with the lupo as it has a mpi engine (Multi port inject) as aloes to the early mk1 arosa which has a spi (single port injection) and as for roll maybes have the dampers checked out, as if both cars were standard then there shouldn't be much difference if anything the lupo should be better given the age :)

Mate

Get yourself a rear anti roll bar from Awersome GTI in manchester, i had the same problem with my Lupo Tdi, it was pants at going round roundabouts and felt very floppy.

I fitted the rear anti roll bar and its properly sorted.

Rick

Its getting to be an old car now, the rubber bushes in the wish bones, drop links and the front anti roll bar bushes would have all worn out.

If you go around a corner fast ish does the car jerk in and the progressivly lean?

I would suggest you take one of the front wheels off and have a look at the bushes on the wish bone, get a large screwdriver or braker bar in there and have a wiggle about, realise that you are putting on 30/40kG of presure on at best and your 1 tonne car is forcing into these bushes at speed.

£60/£70 for parts off ebay and if you can use a set of spanners, its an easy job.

Redo the whole lot in one go on both sides and then have the tracking done, it will feel like a new car.

If you are feeling keen, do the rear axel bushes too, but fit polyurethane bushes as this will help the car to be stiff and they will last a lot longer, plus they cost only a tinny amount more than normall rubber £50 over £40 check out ebay again.

I have just done this lot on my car, it feels like a different car, I would say this is the first point of call on any non mega money car nearing 10 years old.

Cheers

Jon

my little looopy has tryed to kill me 4 times now.

last one being a tree at 1am (1.0mpi isnt the engine to get you out of a ditch)

as soon is i can afford it i am power flex'ing the lower arms and axle bushes and a set of sports dampers (40mm front 55mm rear lowered already

if that don't fix it il strap a role bar on at the back

and if its still trying to kill me im getting my golf sooner than planed :'(

Edited by SamEdwardSwain1

Are you sure it's not you trying to kill your lupo, who's the one doing the steering eh? ;)

• Like 2