Gti hub conversion

VW_MANIAC

I know this has been asked loads of times but is needed to convert my 1.4 s hubs to sport/Gti hubs.

I want to do some research before I ruin my daily driver

I'm not confident playing with the brakes yet

Edited by VW_MANIAC

what do you need to know mate? you bolt the gti hubs in place of yours basically.

gti hubs have a seperate caliper carrier to the hub. your current calipers bolt straight to the hubs

polo gti ones are the same as lupo gti

theres nowt to ruin gti hubs bolt staright on, lupo gti ball joints are different to standard lupo one's btw to give it a larger track.

• 2 weeks later...

Polo GTI ones are the same. Seem to come up more often than Lupo ones too. Question is do you really need Porsche brakes on a 1.4S? I've got GTI carriers ad calipers with 280mm discs on my Sport GTI conversion and they are more than enough.

How much power are you expecting to get? I mean anything up to 150hp should be fine with a Polo GTI setup upgraded to 280mm discs. My VR6 cabriolet uses 280mm brakes and that has 174hp and is a lot heavier and the brakes are fine on that!

I'm going to try and get as much as possible out of the 1.4 without spending stupid amounts of money.

If possible lupo gti power

Without spending loads GTi brakes would be ok, With spending loads GTi brakes would be ok. Turbo or supercharger G60 carriers and disks up front.