1.7 sdi Backbox.

NERO

Ok, so I am considering buying a sdi lupo. But the problem is there is no one on ebay that makes a preformance backbox for the lupo.

I can only find the standard one. http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Exhaust-Rear-Back-Box-VW-LUPO-1-4-TDI-1-7-SDI-1998-2005-/110636840192?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19c2783500#ht_3601wt_1265

There is also a universal backbox.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/VW-CC-PHAETON-SHARAN-TOUAREG-LUPO-UNIVERSAL-PERFORMANCE-EXHAUST-BACK-BOX-LMS-001-/150875918370?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2320e7d022#ht_4831wt_12

But, Is there an onother vw backbox that would fit the sdi lupo? such as passat, bora or golf?

You appear to have mentioned SDI & performance in the same post. If you're getting an SDI just enjoy your ridiculous MPG. If you want performance get a sport - TDI if you want the best of both.

You appear to have mentioned SDI & performance in the same post. If you're getting an SDI just enjoy your ridiculous MPG. If you want performance get a sport - TDI if you want the best of both.

Cant get insured on a tdi though! :( But I wasn't exactly looking for performance of such. I just wanted a sporty sound. I know that sounds a bit lame. :paperbag:

Performance sound from a lazy derv engine

I'm thinking about the same for my John Deere !!!

Oh brilliant! you should be a comedian. :confused:

Get a 1.0 then, no speed but still can sound allright.

I was thinking that, but I will need the devil juice for the mileage. :thumbsup:

Just take the back box off & put a straight pipe in.

Hmm, ya. Not a bad idea that. But its illegal in Ireland as far as I know. :surprised:

If attention is paid to economic driving (soemthing i did a little research into). Mine will do 40mpg. If you put your foot down everywhere you will drink it fast though. Decide, economy or not. Mine is averaging about 18mpg atm, but its nippy :)

If attention is paid to economic driving (soemthing i did a little research into). Mine will do 40mpg. If you put your foot down everywhere you will drink it fast though. Decide, economy or not. Mine is averaging about 18mpg atm, but its nippy :)

So you reckon a 1ltr Lupo is just as good as an sdi for high mileage?

Just get a straight through stainless exhaust fabricated.

It has also been noted that the SDI and the TDI have more or less the same exhaust system, except slightly different bends in places that can easily be sorted, so you could get a TDI backbox and fit that.

Edited by Hazy

Do you mean mileage or MPG? SDI wins on both counts tbh.

Just mileage, like my father advised me to get an sdi as I will be doing high mileage next year.

Just mileage, like my father advised me to get an sdi as I will be doing high mileage next year.

Diesel engines will generally take more wear, standard.

Just get a straight through stainless exhaust fabricated.

It has also been noted that the SDI and the TDI have more or less the same exhaust system, except slightly different bends in places that can easily be sorted, so you could get a TDI backbox and fit that.

So the TDI backbox would suit it. But would it be made for the TDI engine etc.

Diesel engines will generally take more wear, standard.

So, am I better I get a petrol? I a noob with this kind of stuff.

I mean take it as in keep going for more miles than a petrol would. Generally.

• Like 2

I mean take it as in keep going for more miles than a petrol would. Generally.

Ah yes, I see what you mean now. Ya, I think I will go for a sdi. But only one sdi popped up for sale in irleand, In the last like 12 months. :( I suppose I will just have to keep my eyes open.

Buy a plane.

Ya, Haha. thats a guess, I will have to work it out later. But I presume its not to far from 300 miles. But I could be totally wrong.