Straight pipe?

Epick

if someone was to ask " is removing my backbox going to do this to my car" about just any car in general yes, they are probablies right on the loudness; but off peoples experience on here and my own it is that loud at all (not half as loud as your tippical corsa B)

Cheers for the reply, Bare in mind that my 'rosa is only 1.0 L and I took it to a generic tyre and exhaust company who told me that it is seriously unrecommended because apparently it loses the back pressure, lose hp, does the engine no good and will make it so loud its a 'Police magnet' They did seem really unfriendly but thought i'd just pass this past you guys aswell.. Cheers.

It's not extortionately loud, but it is loud no doubt. It definitely had a few people peering at me. There's a big thing about back pressure and how much small cars use it. I must say, mine did feel a bit underpowered going up hills with no backbox, but I always thought that might be because of the way I was driving it. Don't know about HP.

They may be correct, they may not. I'm no engineer. Be wary though, half of these places chat ****. Went yesterday with my mate to get his a4 tracked, they said they should do all 4 tyres first before the track it, to save him money! Robbing lovely persons.

I work at one of these generic tyre places and if someone came in and asked me about it I would "advise" them against it but I have done it to mine I wouldn't take too much notice to what they said... And regarding the back pressure I asked people who know a lot more than me about cars and engineering and they said it will be ok hope this helps dude

• Like 1

When I had my straight through system built I had another silencer made to replace the cat if I wanted to remove it, I tried it for a couple of months and because there was no back pressure in the exhaust I did notice a drop in fuel economy and maybe a slight drop in performance, now I have my cat back in its better on fuel and abit more power on hills. It is also a better sound with the cat in.

I know of cutting the rear silence out because when mine was done, the guy who did it said it was abit weird that there were two silencers.

I borrowed a cone filter of a friend for about 2 weeks and combined with my exhaust it was abit too load for my liking, so you could try a filter first and see what you think before you spend a lot more on an exhaust :)

Cheers! Ok, now this sounds stupid so I apologise before hand but how exactly do you fit a new air filter in a mk2 arosa.. It's a bit different to other cars I've worked with before.