Someone help me finish of the 3l front bumper

grazo22

Right.

I've cut the corners off the 3l bumper so they fit my wings and have got it attached to the car.

Couple of questions though.

Does the impact damper/beam sit behind the bumper or is there a different one

Do the brackets for the wings attach differently as it appears to have a built in bracket

Is the spacing on the pin attachments (where the normal indicator surround fixes to the wing) different to my current wings as so far it looks that way.

I'm finding it rather difficult to get the correct panel gaps/overlaps/flushness you see :)

Any help is greatly appreciated

WP_002605.jpg

If you haven't got the 3L bumper guides, PM Heartagram. he lost his and bought them twice then found them a week later. :yes:

when you say bumper guides do you mean the fog surround covers. If so got those :) just not sure how it properly clips to the wing, if those are bumper guides I am after a pair :P

I'm due some pretty hefty discount at the local VW dealer as my lower valace had a couple of scrapes on it when it came in so I'm going to head there to see if they are too pricey, otherwise I shall do.

I've noticed on the parts diagram that the front cross member, bumper support and a 1 other set of support are different. Are they all needed or is it just the guides?

They were £4.00 each and weirdly not a special order!! It's odd that they seem to stock some lupo 3l parts in the UK warehouse, makes no sense.

Next on the list of fitting nightmares is the front cross member. They are different between the 3l and the normal lupo, so does anyone know what bodges can be employed ;)

Once you've sorted out the necessities, would you mind do a fitting guide? I hopefully will be going down this route beforelong, and it'll be nice to know of the fitting pitfalls (other than cutting the bumper to match the wings) before I crack on. ta.

looking at the ElsaWin diagrams, the only difference in fittings seem to be the carrier beam, and the those aforementioned bumper guides/supports?

http://elsaweb.spagh...KM-KMA/602094/2

http://elsaweb.spagh...KM-KMA/605764/2

Also, are the 3l fogs different than the normal ones?

Edited by Hazy

That 3L cross member & bumper support looks very similar to a normal Lupo TDI (which is also completely different to a petrol Lupo), which quite could be possible as the engines/radiator/intercoolers/fan are very similar to a 3L 1.2 TDI on a 1.4TDI

The bumper supports for the wings are however completely different - I've got a 3L front myself (test fitted, but removed until I can afford a full respray).

FYI the fog lights are also the same as a normal Lupo Sport

Good to know about the Fogs, wont have to buy new ones of those when it comes to it. I wonder if that bumper guide is the same on the SDI...

once you get the guides you mite need to modify them, also have you connected your indicators? you may need to cut the slam panel for them to fit. i didn't need to change the cross member as mine is a tdi. the grille may need to be held on different to get decent panel gaps.

I bought new fogs, only so I can sell my lower valance whole though.

I will need a new cross member and a bumper support bar. Guides coming this week sometime. I look like a end bell at the moment driving around with a primed it as I've lost my torx bit to take the thing off !!!

From what I can see the bumper support beam is essential to hold the centre of the flexible bumper up