3L Front

Hazy

• 5 months later...

Right finally getting down to putting this on after months of procrastination (more busy with work and sorting out the Series 2a though), that and having a bump last week, which i'd rather spend the money getting the 3L bumper porperly sprayed then get the orginal bumper fixed.

Anyhow, did another test fit after getting the proper 3L bumper guides, and I have a question. The bumper guides have tabs on them which make the bumper stand out -instead of being flush -from the wings by half a cm, now if you snap those tabs off (which i've done now...) the bumper sits a little bit inwards of the wing -which can be sorted by spacing out the fixings that connect the guides to the wings. So my question really boils down to whether this is common practice, or do you have to fix the guides differently anyway due to them not going onto a 3L wing? The bumper guides fit in the same place as the normal ones, just either make the bumper stand out or in...

• 2 weeks later...

did any of you lot not have lego kits when you were kids? but seriously, the majority of people with q's and a's seem to live in our own glorious region hazy. why don't you all just meet at someone's house and have a cuppa whilst discussing 3l fronts. seems logical? me, I don't like them. ho ho ho ! geoff

Would seem logical. The bumper support issue would seem corrected by the use of a few spacers, unless Mitch or Heartagram has a better suggestion.

In no great rush, as the bumper still needs painted, and my biggest headache at the moment is getting the drum brakes on the 109 performing correctly... :rant:

ohh yes, remember doing mine. took everything off cleaned it and renewed everything else. stuff was nearly free considering the size of it. got a set of rr classic axles as part of a deal and was going to graft them in. not entirely convinced though as my axles are Salisbury which are much stronger than the range rover ones. we seem to have a similar taste in cars. the 109 brakes are easy enough to set up though once you scrape all the crap off. geoff

Yeah, they were full of crap, back shoes were totally shot, and the front adjusters were ****ed (so much so, i couldn't even get the drums back on!). Think I've cracked it now, forgot about the rear drums needing the shoes leading/trailing -had both the trailing on one side and the leading on the other... oops. Yeah same taste in cars it seems!

Hopefully get the Landy out the way for the time being, and hopefully get the 3L finished off and sprayed and on!