Gti exhaust removal!

EDIT** I have someone who is willing to make me a custom pipe and sort it all out etc but with my car being decked has asked me to take it all off and give it too him n he will weld it up etc then give me it back... is the GTi exhast a hard thing to remove from the CAT back over? what would be the best way to go about doing this? will need to do it tonight

ta

My exhaust had dropped so had a look under the car and the centre section seems to have cracked and in another place Aswel, would it be a case of getting a new pipe welded in Maybie with the centre box removed or on the gti is this all connected together!

Would you a. Get it's fixed I possible or b get a CAT back stainless fitted? Advice would be great and on where the best place to get a cat back fitted would be around the northeast and what backbone to use.

Bit useless at stuff like this just after the best / cheapest option

Regards

Jord x

Edited by Gordi

There's always powerflow in Darlo. . . .

If you want it done properly use AAS in Geordieland.

If you want it done easily, buy a new section and fit that.

where does the gti exhasut split? like how man sections is it in? it seems to just be the part between the CAT and the backbox mainly around the silencer area...

if i had the silencer removed would it be alot louder? i just want it to sound raspy, sporty still x

n wouldnt mind keeping the standard backbox

Edited by Gordi

The standard exhaust, as far as i can rememeber, only splits after the second cat.

I put a 4 branch manifold on mine and decatted it, then took out the centre box, so it's straight through into the standard back box.

It's pretty raspy and gives out plenty of pops and bangs, but it's by no means loud! I love it! Lol

Yeah, it'll need to be cut to remove it, unless you take the rear beam off. If you buy a replacement exhaust from VW it comes in two sections, but the original one is a single piece.