EGR delete for 1.4 TDI Lupo

Sir Loopalot

Hey guys, thought I'd post this in-case it hasn't been already, and for the sharing of the informations

If you have the 1.4 Tdi lupo and are wanting to delete the egr valve, check out the Alard Aluminium website, the kit your wanting is the Golf 1.9 tdi PD90 kit, everything in this kit is a direct fit, as the 1.4 is the 1.9 minus a cylinder

"I found doing this eliminated most of the engine lag / the delay from when foot meets accelerator, to BWAAAAAAAAMMMM" <-- for those who like sound effects

Car seems a lot happier and I may have even shaved off a penny or two per mile

ps, before you test the kit out after instillation, make sure you have effectively capped off the vacuum hoses that used to be connected to the egr valve actuators, not doing so will most likley trigger a fault code, not a problem if you have vag com, but if not, its a simple little thing that can save you more bother.

It's a good idea in theory, the downside with these though is that you also lose the anti-shudder valve. It's quite noticeable on a 3 cylinder (have experienced it), although it doesn't bother some people. I know there are a few on another forum who have done it.

I got a Little Metal Plate to block off the EGR on my SDI, Could not get the EGR off so left it.

The car passed MOT emission tests with flying colours and im not too bothered by the performance.

il put it on One day and see what it does

Haha, liking everyones solutions :D

tbh I haven't even noticed a difference with the anti shudder off, if anything it all seems smoother???

cleaning it out would bring it back to optimal OEM operation, but removing it, blanking the exhaust feed, and fitting a straight pipe allows it to breathe so much better, you gain a noticeable acceleration increase

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

No, I think it needs to be the PD one. I'll check.

On this topic. You can cut the vacuum pipe which will stop the plunger engaging. You will retain the anti shudder valve. Doesn't bother me but it does to some people. I then got the straight pipe just to get rid of the butterfly valve of the asv,

But your intake get gunked up because of the egr true but only half. Egr waste is hot and dry. Its the oil from your breather that makes your intake pipes and the egr mess sticky, Do the elephant hose mod in conjunction. I will run better and never mess up the intake again.

Sorry mate just check your right it is that one.