Will my gear-box take it?

LUPILU

Again im 95% sure i am going to book my 1.4tdi lupo into http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/index.htm to get my car mapped to a quoted 108bhp!! and 185ft'lbs of pull :surprise:

Now the question is, Will my gearbox take that extra power? Is there anything eles i should watch out for such as the clutch not taking it?

Or is it simply WIN WIN :thumbup:

Thanks a bunch :thumbsup:

Thanks man, it's the only thing holding me back right now. Is there anyway i could find out more information on this, as i have looked and looked and not found too much :surprised:

I wouldn't know where to start tbh, I've done no research into gearboxes and clutches so wouldn't know where to start.

Mabey talking to people like Casper and Mitch, who have done engine work might be a good idea.

So you admit to not knowing anything about Lupo TDi gearboxes or clutches but still felt the need to tell them their clutch and gearbox will probably die straight away? And with all due respect to Casper and Mitch, whilst they have a vast knowledge of tuning petrol engined Lupo's, tuning a diesel Lupo is a little different and there are probably other members in a better position to comment.

The gearbox and clutch will be absolutely fine providing they are in perfectly good health currently. The TDI gearbox is pretty tough and I can't recall ever hearing of a failure, certainly not because of a remap. Clutch should be fine and there's no dual mass flywheel to fail either. Mine has has plenty of hard use and is still going strong nearly 40k later...

So you admit to not knowing anything about Lupo TDi gearboxes or clutches but still felt the need to tell them their clutch and gearbox will probably die straight away? And with all due respect to Casper and Mitch, whilst they have a vast knowledge of tuning petrol engined Lupo's, tuning a diesel Lupo is a little different and there are probably other members in a better position to comment.

Annd you felt the need to get all "look at me" about it.

I'm sorry for trying to help. I'll go back to being a dick to members from now on.

Edited by Deadmetal

Boys boys now now :innocent: , Thank you for all you help on this i think i will go ahead and get this done then, im also looking at a set of BBS rims which may take 1st place priority wise, but we will see, im still being a lazy git, and not uploading any picures of the "John deere" lol

Agree with Phil.

Isnt the gearbox made by John Deere anyway?

haha :thumbup:

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Lupilu,

Just to reassure you, the car should be fine. I've been running mine with a Jabbasport re-map to 108 bhp (confirmed on the dyno) with a corresponding increase in torque (can't remember how much unless I dig out the dyno chart) for nearly 100,000 miles now. The re-map was done at 37,000 and I'm now on 135,000. No problems whatsoever except not quite as frugal as it once was. Could be down to the way it's driven I suppose but it's a lot of fun.

I also have an 3.0L Alfa GTV and a SEAT Leon FR (for sale, £3,100) and I can honestly say I've had more of a hoot in the Lupo. Did Italy and back in a week a couple of years ago and it never missed a beat.

Spend the money and enjoy it !!!