Joe's Black Arosa - Funny Suspension

gatesy0093

Cheers pal :D The filter for the Mk1's is in the top left of the engine in the large box with a dome kind of shape in the middle. There's about 8 screws you need to take out. And make sure to buy the round filter like the one in one of the pics above :)

Thanks mate I appreciate it. I might buy a K&N filter?

No bother :) Yeah go for it if you want, I don't know how much difference it will make though, might make it sound a little nicer and respond a little smoother though? I think they are about £30-£35 quid off eBay :) And about £50 off the K&N website :o

Million mile warranty is what K&N say.. It should do, they just say clean it every so many miles and oil it with some K&N oil. just google "K&N filter cleaning" something like that. If you decide to get one let me know what it's like coz I was thinking about one but by the time I found one I had already ordered the paper one haha :)

Cheers mate :) Trust me it's far from perfect, there's so many swirl marks and minor scratches its unreal, thankfully the pictures don't show them :P Your's is nice too by the way, I like the dark greeny/blue colour. It's so annoying being sky high though haha.

Million mile warranty is what K&N say.. It should do, they just say clean it every so many miles and oil it with some K&N oil. just google "K&N filter cleaning" something like that. If you decide to get one let me know what it's like coz I was thinking about one but by the time I found one I had already ordered the paper one haha :)Cheers mate :) Trust me it's far from perfect, there's so many swirl marks and minor scratches its unreal, thankfully the pictures don't show them :P Your's is nice too by the way, I like the dark greeny/blue colour. It's so annoying being sky high though haha.

Hi guys, I have the k&n one in mine, with ss cat back runs like a dream, one of the first things I always do with my cars is a k&n

Wicked, I might get one then!

I hate how high my car is.. My mum, dad, and girlfriend all say "Lowering is pointless it's so impractical", But lowering my car would make me such a happy man.

My mk 1 is lowered 40mm on the rear and bout 50-60 on the front, I need the front higher tho so going to go 40mm all round. I can't get pics uploaded at the minute but I will a soo as I can on my thread :-)

Well today me and the girlfriend went to the Fastlane Show up at Hexham today! I loved it though it was smaller than I was expecting, She wasn't too keen but she enjoyed it in the end :D Took plenty of pics but here's just some of them :)

My girlfriends dads Bond Bug and her attempt at a rolling shot haha.

DSCF4542_zps75e7dd0f.jpg

DSCF4606_zps2b80f583.jpg

My granddads TVR which came first out of the TVRs

DSCF4551_zps28322639.jpg

And recognised some of the cars from DubaScrub so took a few shots of them aswell :)

DSCF4554_zps3e70a920.jpg

DSCF4563_zps1614408d.jpg

DSCF4566_zpse555281e.jpg

DSCF4568_zps786db929.jpg

DSCF4571_zpsb41fdd5f.jpg

Sorry for the extremely large photos, don't know how to get them smaller.

Comments welcome, if you want any more pics put up just ask :)

Joe

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys and girls.

The time has come to replace the tweeters as the driver side one is completely kafunked, as I know a good F all about speakers and electrics, I just need to know what are the cheapest, easiest and best replacement tweeters I can get, and do I need to do any re-wiring and stuff like that?

Cheers, Joe :)

Depends on budget and I'm not sure if you can buy individual tweeters? Depending on how much you want to spend I'd go for a set of components speakers (basically two door speakers and two tweeters). Only need to spend around £50 and it will give you a nice upgrade. To fit them they are incredibly easy. You'll get two crossovers (one for each side). All you do is run a positive and negative cable from the tweeter and woofer to the crossover and then from the crossover to the head unit :)

ok cheers pete. you're gonna have to tell me what a cross over is haha, the only actual thing i know i need to do is to get some self tapping plates and some screws. also do you not need to make like a different bracket due to different sizes?

You could do as Joe says but with the money you'd spend you'd be as well getting after market ones cos, unless the oem ones are really cheap (which I doubt), then they won't be as good as an after market set.

A crossover is just a plastic box which takes in the signals from the tweeter and woofer and then sends it to the head unit. Once you buy them and get the box it will all make sense :)

Yeah you need adapters to push the speaker out in the door card otherwise the window will hit it on the way down.

Ok cheers! There's a set of BASSFACE coaxial (6.5") and tweeters and 2 (I think) crossover boxes on eBay for £40? Any good? And I will need to buy adapters but which kind?

Joe

Only on iPod and eBay app doesn't do links

They are BASS FACE SPL6C.1 and here is the description

Bass Face SPL6C.1 Component Speaker System

6.5" 800W Peak / 400W RMS SYSTEM

This is the Bass Face premium 6.5″ component kit. Offering top quality silk dome tweeters, midrange speakers with Aluminium cast baskets and oversized high density ceramic magnets these speakers represent the ultimate in full range performance.

The cones themselves are a stiff and lightweight woven composite, which when combined with the aerospace grade rubber suspension delivers perfect sonic detail and incredible transient response.

The crossover networks incorporate selectable attenuation switches for the tweeters, to take account of different mounting positions and allow fine tuning of the sound.

The bass response of this kit is excellent, the sonic imaging superb.

Technical Specification:

Midbass 300W RMS PER PAIR

Tweeter 100W RMS PER PAIR

System 400W RMS / 800W MAX PER PAIR (When used with an 80Hz crossover)

Frequency response 45Hz 22kHz

Sensitivity 98db @ 1w/m

Tech-One White Woven Composite Cone

Cast Alloy Basket With Twin Arm Technology

Oversized Super High Density Ceramic Magnet

Aerospace Grade Rubber Surround Suspension

1″ Custom Tooled Aluminium Voice Coil

Bumped Pole Piece For Improved Excursion

Vented Back Plate For Better VC Cooling

Highly Musical Silk Dome Tweeter

Sibilance Free Bar Type Tweeter Dome Protection

Advanced Component Crossover Network

Euro Mount For Maximum Vehicle Compatibility

Fits Both Metric & Imperial Applications 16.5cm/6.5″

Whats in the box?

2 x 6.5 inch Mid Drivers With Cast Chassis

2 x Silk Dome Tweeters

2 x High Power Crossovers

2 x Mid Driver Grilles

4 x 1.5m Lengths of Speaker Cable

8 x Spire Speed Nuts

8 x Self Tapping Screws

2 x Surface Mount Tweeter Cups.

Dimensions:

Overall Pack Weight = 3210g

Product Weight = 1230g per side for Midrange/Grille/Tweeter/Crossover

Tweeter:

Overall diameter 50mm

Mounting depth 13mm

Front protrusion 12mm

Mounting cutout diameter 40mm

Crossovers:

Height 35mm at max point

Width 65mm

Length 120mm

Midrange;

Overall diameter 165mm

Mounting cutout diameter 145mm

Mounting depth 70mm

Front protrusion 8mm

Grilles:

Overall diameter 184mm, Depth 20mm

Sorry for the long post

• 2 weeks later...

So just had the first polish and wax of the year (at the same time) and here are the results, far from some peoples standards, but good enough for me :) You'll have to excuse the dirty tyres though, and that's only from driving 15meters...

The classic selfie
IMG_0315_zps7d32966d.jpg

Little & Large
IMG_0320_zpscff10641.jpg

IMG_0319_zps1a93c010.jpg

Squirt from Finding Nemo ;)
IMG_0318_zps816db18f.jpg

IMG_0317_zps51471535.jpg

Massive scratch from when I first got it :(
IMG_0314_zpsefd00f3c.jpg

Also some fake lows from parking over the curb haha
IMG_0298_zpscfdfca76.jpg

Sorry for the pics being so large, don't know how to size them down on Photobucket, Also any news on which speaker spaces I need will be a massive help, I'm new to the electrical side of stuff haha

Cheers, Joe :)

• 2 weeks later...

Right so typical me asking questions and what not, but as mentioned before I have the chance to fit those speakers in the next few weeks (hopefully) but I need to know which spacers for the coaxial speakers I need :) Also are the tweeters a direct swap or do I need to modify the original holders in anyway?

Cheers peeps, Joe :)

• 3 weeks later...

Shocking news! Bought a new car, another Mk1 Arosa :D 1.4 petrol, 98 reg, 62K on the clock, front coilies and rear shocks+springs. All that plus 7 boxes worth of stuff haha. All for the tidy price of £700 courtesy of Tracey on here. Needs a good blast with a machine polish, a good hoovering, engine bay needs tidied up and a few bits and pieces neatend up and it'll be a beauty :) might even buy a Turtle Wax Black Box and treat it.

Bad news, laptops fuggered so need to wait for that to be fixed before any pics appear

Joe

• Like 1

I don't even know what I mean haha.

Well today has been putting the old arosa back to standard and swapping pieces over onto the new one with little things like LED sidelights and things like that.

Anyone know the cheapest place to get a mid silencer for a 1999 seat arosa 1.0l? That's the last thing I need before I can put it up for sale.

Things to do for the new arosa:

Brembo discs and pads (unless any other cheap suggestions?)

Refresh the brake fluid

De-tango the cambridges

Sort out the bumper with some new clips

New plates

Find some 60mm rear springs

Sort out the chuffing exhaust joint with some exhaust paste

Find out what this weird noise is coming from the front driver side coilover ( it's sort of like a buzzing like the wheel is catching but it shouldn't be, or the shock is worn? Also you can feel it through the throttle... Any help guys?)

Last but not least give her a good run over with a machine polisher and a hand treatment of turtle wax black box ( unless any other suggestions? )

Also what would be the best polish to use with the machine polisher to get rid of some light-medium sized scratch and swirl marks?

Sorry for the essay of writing.

Cheers guys, Joe