Is it silly ?

Seatarosa1.0

Shouldn't really go over 40mm on standard shocks though.

Shouldn't really go over 40mm on standard shocks though.

While I agree with this somewhat, a lot of people including myself are doing it with little issues. Sure they might not last as long but not hard to get a replacement set. I'm running 60/40 springs and love them for the price I paid (£45)

The problem is only with the shockers being designed for shocks about 60mm "longer".

Your shocks will be in a compressed state all the time, which is not what they are designed to do, so the seals will be stressed. The shaft will also be longer than in a shortened\sport shock. See diagramme below and think how your shock would look...

hydraulic_shock_absorber_parts.jpg

Worst case scenario is that the shaft will bottom out causing damage to the shaft\piston\casement.

But them now and save fitting time or fit to standard shocks and replace when they go. Your choice.

Is lowering my mk1 60mm silly or what as i have spoke to a few people and they say that daft ? What's your oppinion on cherrybomb exhausts ?

60mm is not silly bit do it properly and not on the cheap and its your own opinion if its daft or not but cherrybombs are daft full stop.

Ok cheers man, Are springs cheap? I mean my cars due a service and tyres so that comes first... I know i could use Google just i trust you guys a lot more.

I paid about £89 a few years ack for AVO -45mm for my 1.0 Arosa, so I would say add a bit for inflation.

Should be able top pick up a set 2nd hand.