Nasty Vindictive Scratch

Has anyone found a reasonable method / company that can remove a key scratch that some arsehole placed across my Loop GTI bonnet, f/o/s wing and door....

Chips away and similar won't touch it as its too large a job apparently!

How handy are you with wetsanding and polishing? If the alternative is new paint I'd have a go at touching it up with a paint stick then sanding and polishing.

Have you done this before? If so what grades of paper and polishes?

Somones touched mine up with a Paint stick and like not sanded it down.

i also have a few stone chips i could get rid of + some more Paint issues to do with resprays by Prev owner.

I've not done any long scratches but did some chips on my silver gti and have done some flatting on a Z3M where someone had just blobbed paint on.

Depends how proud it sits but 1500/2000/2500 followed by a coarse machine polish then a lighter pass.

You'd be surprised how little it would cost to have that area repainted im most cases I found it was cheaper to have say a bonnet painted than to have chips or scratches repaired by a company like chipsaway

Edited by dubsy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

I too have had malicious keying on my yellow 1.0 w reg. I keep it in the garageovernight now my son in law is a panel beater his advise it is ok to touch it up with a tiny brush just letting the paint fill the goudges but the big issue is the colour match if it is not 100% perfect it will look dreadful and as all my panels are damaged that would mean a whole respray !!!! I am going to an auto paint mixer to get as best a match as possible hope this helps