Glow plug light flashing

rickyd1992

I ain't had chance to go to a garage yet can anyone tell me why... Basically when I'm driving along the lamp that tells you when your plugs are hot enough to start her up keeps flashing at me... Eventually it turns off but keeps coming back. Any ideas ?

I ain't had chance to go to a garage yet can anyone tell me why... Basically when I'm driving along the lamp that tells you when your plugs are hot enough to start her up keeps flashing at me... Eventually it turns off but keeps coming back. Any ideas ?

Try checking your brake lights dude

Try checking your brake lights dude

The brake lights would illuminate the EPC light, not the glow plug light.

OP, get the codes read, will tell you straight away - new plugs needed maybe

you sure? my glow plugs light came on when my brake light switch had packed in.

When my sisters polo flashed the glow plug light it ended up being somethig to do with the brakes. Didn't make any sense to me cos inwould have expected the epc light to come on if that was the case :/

Dude was right about the brakes, it was the switch. Asked garage how much they said £50 so I booked it in for next week. Had a quick look myself when I got home and I've sorted it :D unplugged the pressure switch messed with the depth thing on it and now it works sweet so happy days !!