Layla the Lupo

smnanthny

Hah yeah I'm really not looking forward to that bit :P might chicken out and use two pieces so I don't have to stretch it.

Just finished doing the headliner and fitted it back in. Gonna put up a How To soon as I couldn't find any decent resources with images instructing how to remove all the various bits properly...

IMG_0351.jpg

Back in the car (cheated with photoshop as the lighting today is dire...)...

IMG_0352.jpg

Up close...

IMG_0353.jpg

Not sure whether the dark grey interior bits would look okey with the new trim or whether to hunt down some kind of purple spray to match the material... hmm...

Edited by smnanthny

• 9 months later...

Finally an update! Haven't really done anything since last summer except spend a fortune on servicing, MOT, insurance and various other mechanical fixes all within the last month :(

However, I kicked my ass into gear and fitted the pressed plates. Had to take a pliers to the old rusty screws to get them out but got there in the end. Here's how it looks at the moment...

Front

IMG_20130403_161036_zps2e6bf9d9.jpg

Rear

IMG_20130403_161053_zpsb1aed368.jpg

Apologies for the poor quality, just snapped them quickly on my tablet. I'm not too fond of the surrounds to be honest, don't feel like they suit the car at all, not to mention the front one is slightly larger than the recess where the plate sits. Might remove the surrounds and use some adhesive tape directly on to the plates. The curve in the bumper makes this a pain though. I actually washed her a few days ago but because of the lovely dry weather we've been getting, there's dust over the whole car, so going to have to keep on top of that now that the weather is fine.

Im hoping to buy my first DA in a few weeks too and give her a machine polish to remove all of the swirls and those damn holograms on the bonnet.

Also have the central locking kit to fit which I tested the other day and all was well, so now to just remove the door cards and get it fitted. Removing the drivers side is going to be a bitch because the top screw on the door handle didn't want to come out the last time I tried so may have to use some brute force to remove that one.

Hopefully more to come soon!

Edited by smnanthny

Your boot looks suspiciously like it's been de-badged then re-badged. I'd re-de-badge it :thumbsup: