Breaks

Kelliekins

I've had my Lupo for about a year now and have never had any problems with it but recently when I break my car shakes and jolts.

Does anyone know what this could be? I can only assume that my break pads are worn so could anyone tell me how to change them?

Thank you (:

I have my breaks around 10am and then again for my diner at 1pm.

BTW what size engine do you have, 1 litres i think have solid disc brakes and will be prone to warping if you keep your foot on the brake pedal alot or have a harsh braking technique.

Edited by scotty_82

I like mixing breaks on the ones & twos, wicky wicky wah.

My Gti just took on this bad habit about a month ago, it was a case of worn discs (it had cheap pretty looking drilled and grooved rubbish on) been replaced for some good quality Pagid discs and pads and now drives like she should. It'll only be the front causing it, you'll have to be a monster on the brakes for the rears to go first or at the same time. Just renew fro t discs and pads and don't put cheap rubbish on as you'll just end up doing the same again very soon!! If it's doing the judder without braking you'll need your wheels balanced, but if it's just under braking it'll be what we've all said. Dan