Soft Blue 1.4 - Back from the dead!

JoshG1992

Just some cheap ones from a local shop, they came off a shelf as they were, no packaging. I would 200% recommend hub centric rather than flat ones. The rears are hub centric and were fine but the fronts were the most awkward thing if ever had to fit to a car...

As it sits after a quick wash :) Once the arches are rolled im gonna up the spacers by 5mm on each corner.

20130612_165142_zps802a2843.jpg

20130612_165200_zps91ace2d5.jpg

20130612_165217_zpsfb488ae9.jpg

Once its sorted I'll be adding a little camber to the rear and looking into changing the springs to make it sit a little lower. Also gonna drop the front right down soon, once i can be bothered having to fit the front spacers again :@ haha

Just some cheap ones from a local shop, they came off a shelf as they were, no packaging. I would 200% recommend hub centric rather than flat ones. The rears are hub centric and were fine but the fronts were the most awkward thing if ever had to fit to a car...

Yeah I would never run hub centric spacers unless they were like 5mm or under cos it's uber sketchy.

Cheers for the info ;)

Going 20 maybe 25 on the rear with camber and 15 on the front as soon as I can get my arches rolled. Which by the way im all ears as to where to get done in the teesside area?

And the tires are fine for what I want chris, you told me once yhere too big before banning me off your forum, you dont need to remind me on here.

GDB Car Body Repair do it they are newcastle way. They have a trade section on the DNE forum and im sure they charge around £25 a corner if i remember correctly.

http://www.dubnortheast.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=132&sid=57120915c595bc305245600d4326f7ef

http://www.dubnortheast.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=19841

Sounds reasonable, was expecting like 40 quid a corner. Definitely dont want to do it myself, would much rather someone insured for it did it haha

I've said rhe exact same thing! I'll give anything a try but wouldnt wanna try doing this in case it goes terrribly wrong! :P

• 4 weeks later...

Dunno if you noticed how i hadnt mentioned that but i was keeping it quiet till it was finished.

Anyway, since its out, some arsehole BMW driver reversed into me, surprise surprise eh?

Ah right well tbf i didnt know ur plan. Just was told it wasnt gunna be repaired as it was written off and not worth the repair. Yeah i heard, a 1 series or summit? How the fk he/she hit u there? they blind?!

Yeah the insurers sent it to the Merc bodyshop so i wasn't hopeful that their quote would be under the write off value.

Evidently they were blind as i was following 2 cars that he waited for, i had my headlights on too so no excuse really. Just taking this opportunity while its in unitsixteen to finish it up on the outside, plus i need to source some new wheels now too.

• 1 month later...

So, as previously mentioned, my little lupo was in an accident :( Just on my way home minding my own business when a careless driver reversed into the side of me.

This resulting in some damage:

20130626_194046_zps34a57a16.jpg

20130626_194055_zpsf553b68c.jpg

20130626_201540_zpsc133e3f9.jpg

Also the rear beam was bent.

My insurance company wrote it off so I bought it back and sent it off to Unit Sixteen to be repaired. Jamie had the car for nearly 7 weeks but had a new rear quarter welded in, passenger door repaired and while it was in there I also had the drivers door, boot lid and rear bumper painted, all the dents and defects removed and a set of Gotti Cups (which need a refurb asap). Plus the front bumper is being smoothed in September and a boot/rear of the car build is coming soon :)

20130826_154151_zps5098e9d8.jpg

20130826_160010_zpsff4cbfa8.jpg

20130619_132548_zps6157ea35.jpg

Rear seats are now out :)

Going to be at Edition38 next weekend too.

So wheels have had the refurb and powdercoated in chrome. 15mm spacers on the rear just arrived. All i need to o now is get the center nuts re-done in chrome and the badges glued back in.

Wheels:

20130611_163743_zpsca3cf59c.jpg

Spacers arrived!

20130611_163737_zpsa02b0549.jpg

Sitting a lot better now :)

20130611_163802_zps5011a27b.jpg

20130611_163821_zpsb4f02d42.jpg

20130611_163904_zps0a8e9de6.jpg

Tires are staying that size, i like the retro look they give off and tbh, anything to fit 14x6 wheels doesnt stretch really.

Next up is audio, which will be ordered on Thursday and hopefully fitted over the weekend :) More updates soon.

the women on these boxes always make me laugh :thumbup:

nice little loop :)

the women on these boxes always make me laugh :thumbup:

They appear to be crash test bimbos judging by those stylish PVC numbers :lol:

• Like 1