Creid's Lupo - Up for SALE!

Creid

Think its about time I got one of these started...

Bought the lupo a good few months back for £1520 after my MG ZR MKII got written off by six drunk kids crammed into a corsa.
Its a black sport with almost 130,000 miles on the clock!!
This is how it was when I first got it..

Lupo1.jpg

So it was already modified with 13" Smoor Roadster alloys, coilovers, K&N induction kit, smoothed bonnet and boot, badgeless grill,
suede roof lining and door handles, and few stickers here and there.
Had a great drive home for Perth to Dundee :)
Only recently have I managed to get to doing my own mods, got rid of the suede door handles as they were falling apart and hanging off, had a wee go at wrapping them in leather which turned out well.

IMGP1522.jpg

Also wrapped the dials in leather as that too had been wrapped in suede which had seen better days.

IMGP1518.jpg

So a few mysteries have been found and a few surprises too!
This little socked thing has been drilled into my dash and I have no idea what it is, and it turned out to not be attached to anything either.

IMGP1509.jpg

IMGP1510.jpg

Also seems it used to have an aftermarket security system of some sort.

IMGP1513.jpg

While driving, a bunch of wires fell down from under the dash on the passenger side.

IMGP1517.jpg

And a little LED has been drilled just above the gear stick.

IMGP1514.jpg

But I did find a nice little surprise when respraying the interior door handles, the sound system has been upgraded to Alpine Type E's :)

IMGP1521.jpg

So now with the good weather starting to come in I've got a lot of plans set out, first of all the get the badly corroded wheels professionally refurbished and changed to a nice blood red, and get rid of the DTM mirrors and try and get my hands on a pair of stubby mirrors. Lots more to do but I'll leave it at that just now.

Chris.

Edited by Creid

Bought the lupo a good few months back for £1520 after my MG ZR MKII got written off by six drunk kids crammed into a corsa.

Lupo is nice, sounds like those kids did you a favour..... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all!

Lupo is nice, sounds like those kids did you a favour..... ;)

Haha, yeah guess they did, sure I had head gasket failure on the way too!

a small update..

Had a productive day yesterday at my cousins, managed to fix my rattley heat shield, got my new boot popper installed and found out why my windows were dodgy, previous owner had swapped around the plugs to the switches by accident.. smooth running now :) But my passenger window motor has blown so another thing to add to the list! More pics to follow after a good clean!

Chris

Edited by Creid

• 1 month later...

Another little update...

So got some new shoes today, a set of black Pirelli P slots with 4 almost new tyres for the bargain price of £70!! cheaper than one tyre on the Smoors i'm running at the moment. But I'm thinking about stripping them and polishing them up which I think will look sexy against the black.

IMGP1575.jpg

Also thought i'd treat myself and bought a new Sony headunit.

IMGP1548.jpg

Also did a little spraying, but haven't got pictures yet. And currently saving for a set of standard electric wing mirrors to replace those awful purple DTM mirrors.

Chris.

Love what you've done so far! have you got any more pics of your leather interior job?

Thanks man. still have to do my drivers side handle and fix the passengers side, got tonnes of leather left so have a few more ideas. I'll post up the pics hopefully tomorrow after I've done more.

The little socket thing you found is were you put the disarm key for an imobliser.

Ahhhhh, been annoying me what that was! cheers!

• 1 month later...

So unfortunately my car failed its MOT terribly. Having to dish out on a new set of coilovers as three of shocks had died on my FK Highsports, also need two new brake hoses and find out whats wrong with the emissions. Managed to fix the light output after some elbow grease sanding and polishing the headlights.

finally got round to stripping, polishing and respraying one of the P Slots to see what I think... and I do love it!

Only thing is it took me bloody ages to do it, but I like doing things myself and saves a few bob getting it done professionally!

Only three more to go!

IMGP1603.jpg

IMGP1602.jpg

Tire needs a good clean though..

Chris

Fitted the polished P slot since the sun was out, looks 100x better than the black I think.

IMGP1604.jpg

IMGP1606.jpg

IMGP1605.jpg

Probably should have cleaned the car first...

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

So some pre MOT work went down on Tuesday while the sun was out. Stripped off the old FK Highsports which were in a really bad state with 3 busted shock absorbers and looked like they were held together with rust. Then fitted the new JOM Blueline's. The ride is soooooo much better now after rolling on busted shocks! Also gave the egr a good cleaning as I was getting a bit of smoke on start up, seems to have worked a bit.

Out with the old and in with the new.

IMGP1607.jpg

The state of them...

IMGP1608.jpg

Also picked up a set of these bad boys to replace my old ones, which I found out the previous owner just cut out all the electrics instead of just hiding the plug. No more electric mirrors for me :(

IMGP1609.jpg

Also just got a ring back from the garage, looks like i'm dishing out on two new tyres, cat and brake hoses. And I still have to tax it :(

Chris.

You wanna keep them FK rear springs. Meant to be lower than Most brands

Thanks for the heads up, luckily I haven't chucked them yet. Although most of the blue coating has fallen off and suffering from a bit of rust. I measured them up against the JOM rear springs and the Fk's are about 10mm shorter.

With the fk rears its not about length it's about compression. I have them on mine and they are the same length as my kw springs but compress more, sits about 3/4 inch lower

I see what you mean. Not sure what the difference between the JOM's and the FK's will be will be, but they've only been on the car three days and sitting around the same height as the FK's. Still need a lot of settling in.

JOMs go low as you like on the front, theres not really any off the shelf coilies for a lupo that'll give thats kind of lowering out back though.

Well knowing this now, I'll get them all cleaned up and looking good then sell them on. Wonder where I could get paint that's flexible enough for springs.

Yeah, just would need to know if I'd make profit on them after getting them powder coated. Don't think it would cost that much for a couple of springs. There's a place not that far from mine that powder coats so will have to see what kind of price range I'm looking at.