Retrim Headliner

Hi,

Wanting to retrim the headliner in the lupo at the moment but in need of a small bit of advice. Although I have researched this in previous forums I have an idea about how to apporach this but Im unsure of whether to remove the old headlining cloth before the retrim or should the new material be layered on top of the old material. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Jake.

I stick mine over the top of the existing material, it's suede by the way, only mistake was I haven't used the greatest glue as it has sagged inder the sun visor :(, what glue has every one else used ?

I stick mine over the top of the existing material, it's suede by the way, only mistake was I haven't used the greatest glue as it has sagged inder the sun visor :(, what glue has every one else used ?

I made the same mistake when doing mine andthe whole thing sagged down haha. I found this stuff:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trim-Fix-Heavy-Duty-Heat-Resistant-Spray-Adhesive-Glue-500ml-high-temperature-/190644873830?pt=UK_Crafts_Cardmaking_Scrapbooking_Glue_Tape_EH&hash=item2c6351ea66

and its been on the car for about a year now and no sagging :D

Was going to ask that next about the glue. Thanks for all your help guys its much aprreciated, I was going to do some strange or silly designed cloth (like zebra or pinstripe) but after much thought Im going to go with red suede as the car is red or plain black suede. Thanks again :D, Peace.

Edited by BrownBehr

Type this number into eBay search '220985973761' buy quanity 2, you will get sent 1.5 X 2 on a roll, it's enought with spades to do the headliner and pillars at the far rear :)

right my grey roofliner is filthy has tyre marks on from carting wheels and tyres about and various other marks could i not just whip

it out and spraypaint it black then fit it once dry? im aware it may go crispy aha

I tried spraying mine and it went crispy and dusty. Wouldn't recommend it lol

Edit: as mentioned before tho, i think you can buy fabric spray from somewhere :)

You can get autoleads adhesive spray from Halfords, worked wonders for the carpet I put on my false floor, don't see why it wouldn't work on other fabrics too