5x98 wheels,

jamiea7x

anyone ever ran a set on a 4x100 car?

im just a bit iffy on how to go ,

because when running 5x100 adaptors you have 1 long bolt going right through to the hub, and as far as a i can see wobble bolts come in sets and are 1 length,

other option im thinking, bore the bolt holes in the wheel out a little, but this would create a problem in the bolt seating correctly in the wheel

and the last hurdle is the 58.1 CB, getting 0.5mm thick spigot rings?, tried hunting the net for more info but theres not an awful lot out there

Hi mate...If you're worried about the centre bore....get them bored out to Renault CB size 60.1,if I remember right. Then just get Renault to VW spigots which are a lot easier to get :thumbsup: You could get the bolt holes weld filled and redrilled to 5x100. Depends on your budget though. Have you tried posting on Wheel-Whores or Edition Jamie?

Stuart (SoulSeat)

welding and redrillings not an option with the wheels im looking plus its a lot of bother for 1mm, never though about boring them out larger and using a normal spigot tho, thats an idea!

I'm not sure you can with those two pcd's, i haven't got cad on my comp to check though

Ahhhh Dumbass me!! Just out of curiosity you got any pics of the wheels that you're thinking of using Jamie? I wonder if you could get the wheel stud seat and hole elongated by 1mm would work??

Nice rims Jamie. See what you mean now about the redrill problem...Are they from an Alfa Romeo or aftermarket rims? Look a little bit Jaguarish/Maseratiish??? I know they're not Jaguar or Maserati but they're still very nice rims. Have you been in contact with any wheel refurbers that do redrills and asked what they think about you're dilemma about elongating the holes and seat outwards by 1mm and if there would be enough of the stud seat in contact with the rim seat?

Stuart

Edited by SoulSeat

they are fiat wheels.

i havent, im still weighing up wether it would be worth it, as to be honest theyre fairly cheap wheels, dont want to b ethrwoing alot of dollar at something thats not going ot be worth it, hence seeing if anyone has been downt the wobble bolt route with 5x100 adaptors.

Good Luck Jamie...Hope you get some usefull info and help with this in the very near future mate...Been good chatting to you. :thumbsup:

Stuart